Saturday, June 17, 2006

Bummed

wow...a little bummed tonight. My parents brought Alyssa back today and I made a nice big ham dinner for us (sorta late birthday dinner for me and early father's day dinner for dad), and then we had cheesecake for desert. mmmmm But as they left the reality that I'm moving in just over a week set in. I've really loved living close to my parents again and being able to see them most any time I want to (they are still 2 1/2 hours away, but that's not too far). I love that my girls have been able to be so close to them and develop such a great relationship with them, and now I don't know how long it will be before I see them again. :-( I'm so used to being able to see them often now (sometimes not more than a few weeks between visits), and now we will be so far again I'll only be able to come home again a couple times a year by plane. sigh...I should be getting Alyssa ready and packed up to leave for Girl Scout camp tomorrow, but now I'm so sad I just want to go lay in bed and read my book for a little bit. Get to sleep a little early and then get up in the morning to pack her things. man...it's not like I haven't lived far from my parents before (I used to live in FL for about 4 or 5 years) but I've gotten used to being near them again now the last 3 1/2 years. sighhhhhhhh night

2 Comments:

  • At 6/19/2006 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sarah, I'm so sad for you now that you're leaving Texas. I remember how hard it was to leave NY after living 10 minutes from my parents for a year. It was so great to be near family again...then it was awful to leave :o(

    We'll be thinking about you as you move!
    Love,
    Katie

     
  • At 6/25/2006 3:47 AM, Blogger Fantacy so Sweet-n-Stuff... said…

    Thinkin about you girl...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home