Thursday, June 08, 2006

My name is Mud

So my name has been mud the last couple of days, and I had to create some GOOD consilation prizes for miss Alyssa to forgive me. One of the reasons we stayed behind in TX while Eric went ahead, was to allow Alyssa to take swimming lessons one last time here. She's taken the lessons from the same instructor the last 3 years, and she absolutely loves them. I love them too because they are only $35 for 2 weeks and they're the redcross lessons. I usually sign her up immediately when they open registration, but this year with Eric changing jobs, I had to wait till I had the new medical insurance information (you have to give that info in the registraion). So, the lessons started this Monday and Eric started his new job Monday too. They've never filled up, so I figured we'd be ok to register on Monday once Eric got the info for me. He called about lunch time to give me the info and then I called to register (I already had our bag and suits and all packed up, and Alyssa was counting down the hours till lessons). Well, the level Alyssa needs filled up THAT MORNING! We were just hours short! AGGGGHHH Alyssa was totally heartbroken and I felt sooo terribly. I wish I had just gone ahead and signed her up earlier with the old medical info and then just changed it later. ohhhhh man... I really feel terrible and am saddened too. She really looks forward to these lessons every year. They only do 2 sessions, one in June and one in July. The July session still has openings, but we won't be here any more. :-( Well, I finally smoothed it over a bit by teling her she might be able to go visit Nene and Papa (my parents) for a week and go to camp at Nene's work (my mom is the director for an afterschool/summer program that is awesome!). Alyssa was excited about this, so she's mildly forgiven me. My mom agreed to allow Alyssa to spend a week with them too, so that will give them some time with her too before we leave. I promised Alyssa we would find swimming lessons for her in IL too, so we'll have to get on that immediately.

I did took some more photos of Alyssa Tuesday because all but one on Monday were terrible - her glasses had a terrible glare in all of them. Then I promised when Ky woke up from nap we'd go to Toys R Us. Alyssa still had a gift card from my brother from her birthday, and Ky still had her Christmas and birthday one. So, when Ky woke...we loaded up and went for our shopping spree. The girls got all sorts of goodies and when we came home it was like Christmas in June! They were both so excited about all their new toys. I haven't bought any new toys for so long, and both only got a few things for their birthdays. One thing we got was a slip n slide - another consilation prize for the swimming lessons. We haven't set it up yet, but we'll need to do that soon since Alyssa will be gone for a week to my parents and then 4 days/ 3 nights to GS camp the next week.

On the way to the Toys R Us, a song came on the radio that made me think back to the very early days of when Eric and I started dating. I don't remember the name of it, but it's one that Eric gave me on a tape our first summer we were separated. You know those tapes of love songs? hehe Eric was (and still is) such a sweetie. We had started dating in February and he was on a Navy scholarship in college, so during the summers he would have to go on cruises. That first summer he was gone to Hawaii (such a hard summer! haha). It was early in the relationship, but my parents already loved Eric, and my mom actually bought a wedding dress pattern that summer for me! I was so freaked out! I was so not ready to think about marriage yet, though I really liked Eric and felt he was the one, but that was a way off sitll in my mind. I remember my mom saying, "don't tell Eric, it might scare him!" haha HIM? I WAS SCARED! lol After he came back from Hawaii that summer, he brought me a single solitar pearl ring as a promise ring and said (this was like our 6 month anniv) he wanted to marry me someday! Wow!! I too wanted to marry him SOME day, but neither of us were ready to be officially engaged. So...anyway...the story of us gets longer, but...the song reminded me of that summer.

So, today (well Wednesday..its now Thurs morning already) I had such an urge to do something productive - besides CLEAN! I feel like I've been cleaning for weeks! lol I actually had an urge to drag out my paper scrapping stuff, but I never did have time for that, and I just can't afford to make that mess right now with the house needing to be "showable" at any moment. So, I finally kicked my own butt and worked on editing Ky's 9, 10 and 11 month pictures so I can order the prints. I worked on the pics while she napped today and then again after the girls were in bed. I've finally finished all of those and now I need to do both girls' birthday ones. I'll have to load everything later - I'm on the laptop right now. I had planned to also work on some design once I finished editing, but it took me longer to work on the editing than I planned. So...I still have birthday ones and then maybe the design stuff. I also have some other stuff I need to work on, but I am just so tired by the time I finally get the girls to bed at night. Tonight I was supposed to clean the living room carpet, but it was so late already I'll just have to do it tomorrow.

Speaking of late...I need to get to sleep so I won't be dragging so much tomorrow (later today). :-)

Lata gatas...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home