Sunday, June 04, 2006

Well, I PLANNED on an early night and catching up on some VERY MUCH needed sleep, but seems Ky doesn't have the same idea for me. She's been awake the past hour and a half and won't have anything to do with going back to sleep. There's NOTHING wrong other than she just refuses to want to be in her bed. I pick her up and she falls asleep in my arms, or wants to just sit there and be held. She's totally fine, until I set her back in her bed..then the big tantrum begins. This is actually about the 3rd time in a week this has gone on. The screaming is out of control. She wants to get up and PLAY at midnight! Is there something that happens at 13/14 months that causes this that I just don't remember with Alyssa? Why did my good sleeping baby become so difficult now? I have not had a good night of sleep in several days and I was sick all day the other day with a fever, and today I've been sick again all day, but I couldn't rest because Eric is gone and I had to finish getting the house ready for the realtor. I feel so aweful, and now I can't even get any sleep. My body just can't keep functioning on only a couple hours of sleep here and there. :-(

Oh I just feel like crying...I hate making her cry it out, and she is soooooo good at these tantrums, but geesh am I tired and feeling terribly..... I just don't know what else to do with her tonight...when I tried letting her lay down in bed with me, she just sat up and made silly noises and laughed. I sat in her room a while and she just stood in her crib looking around until the dog came in and she started laughing and making noises at him. Then I got up and left because it was obvious she just wanted to PLAY, and she started screaming bloody murder again...so I went in, got her out of bed and set her down, went and got her some water - she followed me to the kitchen and gulped down a bunch of it, then followed me to the living room. I sat on the couch and she just stood there again looking around, then came up and wanted to just sit in my lap....soooooo I held her a while while she sat there sucking her thumb, until she got up to play again! ugh!!! I am so NOT in the mood to PLAY at 1 :30 in the morning! I've been trying to let her cry it out and wear herself out now, and I think she's been going this time for about 10 min. Last time I let it go 5. I can't believe she is STILL screaming! I guess I'm going back to get her again and I'm just not going to bed tonight. Guess what else that means....I'll be getting nothing done again tomorrow because I'll be trying to get an hour or two of sleep any chance I can when she takes a nap.

1 Comments:

  • At 6/04/2006 9:14 AM, Blogger Craft Tea Lady said…

    Sarah, it might just be here way of acting out the changes in the house.

    I don't recall any of my kids doing that sort of thing at a year, but then again, the bad stuff fades w/ time.

    *Hugs*, now take a nap! :)

    www.xanga.com/crafttealady

     

Post a Comment

<< Home