Thursday, May 18, 2006

I know I've been absent lately

I haven't posted a real post since last Friday, and well..this isn't going to cover everything right now. Sorry!

I graduated on Saturday (will post more about it later), Mother's Day was Sunday (nothing special, just a relaxing and quiet day), and then this week! lol

Kyleigh has had a fever since at least Monday morning (even with tylenol it's been about 101, when the tylenol wears off it gets up to 103). Early Wed morning (about 5 am) she woke screaming and I went to get her. She was burning up - Temp was up to 104! YIKES! She's had no other real symptoms - no throwing up, lack of appetite, or acting sick. She's just been HOT and very very tired. Took her to the doctor today and she said she thinks it may be Roseola (aka Sixth Disease). So, she sent me home to monitor the situation another day. If it is Roseola, they expect the fever to end abruptly and a rash to break out all over her body. If these things don't happen, I have to take her back to have a blood workup done on her. :-( This evening she seemed to be getting some of her energy back, was a little playful. I last took her temp before dinner and it was about 99.1 (lowest it's been in days). I gave her some more tylenol and then she went to bed after dinner. We'll see how she does tonight and feels in the morning - so far she's had a more restful night than the last few.

I too have not been feeling so good. I've had a pain low in my adominal area on the right side since Sunday I think. I'm not sure if it's gastointestinal (sp?) or maybe my ovary. A few years ago I had surgery because the doctors discovered a large cyst on my left ovary they thought may be ovarian cancer. I dropped my classes that semester and went to a GYN Oncologist immediately. I underwent surgery (an actual incesion, not just laproscopy) and they discovered it was a bad case of endometriosis. They were unable to seperate my ovary from the cyst, so I lost that ovary. This story is more involved, but the point is that I'm nervous that the endometriosis could be back and maybe that's why I'm having pain on the right side now. :-( I'm holding out that this is NOT the case. The pain has now radiated to cause me lower back pain too. ugh

I've also been sooo tired, sleeping as much as I can the last several days. I've barely had any energy to come sit at my computer to work on anything scrapbook related or to enter any blog entries. So..tonight I fell asleep right about the time the girls went to bed 8:30 ish on the couch and woke just a little before 10:00. My mom called about 10:00 and I talked to her for a few minutes and then fell asleep again on the couch until Eric woke me sometime after 11:00. I went and go ready for bed with every intention of just stumbling right into bed, but I rememberd I had to send out some information for my Girl Scout troop for tomorrow. Now...here I am farting around, but ready to head to bed in just a few minutes.

One other piece of news before I head to bed...dh and I have been trying to make a plan for this weekend to celebrate our anniversary (10 years!) a little early since we won't be able to go our actual anniversary weekend (he'll be moving to Illinois). My parents are keeping the girls Friday and Saturday night while we retreat to a bed and breakfast for the weekend, and then Sunday morning we'll pick up the girls and take them to Sea World! I'll try to post about graduation and such before I leave for the weekend, but we have a ton of things to do before then. Alyssa has 2 school things we have to attend tomorrow, and we have our GS meeting tomorrow. Friday I have a doctor appointment and then we're taking off for our weekend right after Alyssa gets out of school.

If I don't get back to the blog before the weekend...Have a great weekend, catch y'all next week. :-)

2 Comments:

  • At 5/18/2006 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh Sarah!!

    we're thinking of you. Hope you and your family have a better and healthier week soon.

    mcmartian

     
  • At 5/18/2006 10:15 AM, Blogger TheCatLord said…

    (((sarah))) i am sorry you are in pain...i hope the drs can get to the reason quickly and get you back to health.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home