Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I'm baaaaack!

Howdy howdy everyone! I'm back finally! Moved into a smmmmaaaallll apartment in IL while we await for the house here to be completed and while we continue to wait for the house in TX to sell still to (sigh). Just FINALLY got my cable modem today so I can finally get a decent connection to get online and do some things. I've totally been soooo frustrated without a good connection and my list of things to do when I got a connection back has gotten so long..it will certainly keep me busy for many days to come now.

BTW, I'm hosting my very first chat at SBB on Friday at 11 PM Est - it's my "try-out" for DTM. PLEAE join us if you can! We'll be scrapping birthday pictures. I have a 2 page sketch to help with inspiration (so get together several pictures) and I have freebies for you to download in advance that you can use during the chat if you want (password to unzip will be given during the chat), PLUS there will also be a posting bonus for those that post a LO in the gallery.

OK...so, on with other news...

We left Corpus Christi on Thursday the 29th of June and drove to the DFW area. Then we left there Friday morning about 10:00 am and got here about 4:00 AM Saturday morning. We grabbed just the needed items for the night and went to bed. Saturday we spent here in the apartment unloading the uhaul, washing clothes, repacking suitcases, and running some errands. Then Sunday morning (6 AM) we left for MN. Got to Bemidji about 9 PM! The kids were pretty good in all the days of driving, but just a few hours from Bemidji Kyleigh started throwing up and we had to stop 2 or 3 times to clean her up and change her clothes.

We spent all day Monday in MN - we were there for Eric's grandmother's 90th birthday and family reunion. I took several pictures of all the nieces and nephews and a few of Kyleigh and Alyssa, but wasn't fortunate enough to get my kids to cooperate enough to take a picture of just the two of them together. I also met up with Tracey (Haley64), SBB DTM, for about an hour or so. Ashley had intended to meet up with us as well, but was unable to make it - we missed her! Maybe we'll catch her another time. :-)







Then Tuesday we left MN about 10 AM and got back here to the apartment by midnight! And now...we've been here since! Eric went back to work on Wednesday (the 7th) and has been working every day since (he worked sat and sunday too). The kids and I have been getting stir crazy after just a few days and finally on Saturday (the 9th) we went out driving around to see if we could find a park. We've been doing some other outings since to help time pass...walks, pool, running to the store, etc... Today we're couped up again though because of the weather. :-( BUT we got cable so Alyssa's having a great time watching some cartoons today. I've been getting little craft things together for Alyssa to do during Kyleigh's nape time to help her pass some time. We've got to get her involved in some things outside the house so she can meet some kids. We do have her signed up for Vactation Bible School which is in the next week or two, so she should enjoy that.

Back on Wed or Thurs last week we met with the builder for our house here. We were hoping the house could be ready for us to close the end of this month, so we could go ahead and move in. Unfortunatley, he told us there is NO WAY he can be done the end of July, and he'd TRY to get us in by the end of AUGUST! whhhhhaaaa We had really hoped to be able to get in the house and get settled before Alyssa has to start school, but I guess that may not happen now. :-( Hopefully we can get in though by the end of Aug, or we're really going to be hurting. Cat only covers storage for our stuff for 2 months (till the end of Aug for us), and after that it will cost us about $60/day! That plus apartment rent and our house payment in TX, and we're going to be broke REALLY fast! Please pray for us that doesn't happen to us.... I really hope we sell the house in TX soon - even paying for rent and that house payment for too long isn't going to be easy.

I finally started on my diet yesterday. Hopefully I stick to it a while and can lose some serious weight. I've gained like 30 lbs this last school year, and I really need to lose about 50 now before I really feel ready to start trying for another kiddo...I'm aiming for maybe being able to start trying in Jan if the weight loss goes well. We'll seeeeeee. I am tired though of being too embarassed to put on a swimming suit to take my kids swimming - it's not fair to them.

OHH some designing news.... I finished a kit that I collaborated with Raechel Knight and Lisa W. (Momy4him) on a few days ago, and submitted it for a prize for the International Digiscrapping Championship. They have a toooon of prizes lined up for the contest. It started yesterday and goes for 5 weeks, you should go check it out and see if you're interested. I think the first LO is due by Thursday, so be quick!!!!


(this is the kit we've donated as a prize for the International Digiscrapping Championship)

While making this one kit we had so much fun that we decided to create a whole collection! We are working now on these and hopefully will release them soon. They will be available on Sarah's Scraps when the time comes.

Speaking of which...I'm working on the store and hope to have that ready to go soon too, and maybe can finally have that Grand Opening! :-) I have a few surprises too in the works for the opening, so stay tuned! :-)

oooh I did a new scrapbook page the other day too, but I wasn't able to share it until today when I finally got a decent connection: Here's little miss Kyleigh totally enjoying her very first ice pop!


{Kyleigh's Firs Popscicle}
Credits:

sketch from Jen Caputo
papers and elements from SBB elements team Eclectic Bytes CD (mostly from the hope kit, but flower brads from the dream kit).
paint brushes from me (Sarah VanDyke) Paint & Splatter brushes
font - Chelt Press

OK...well, if you've lasted this long, and to thank all my blog readers for sticking it out with me through my 2 week MIA....I have a little blog freebie FINALLY for you (this is something I meant to have for you all before I moved, but didn't get to finish). This is a blog freebie, so you don't have to connect to Sarah's Scraps to pick it up, BUT comments if you take are greatly appreciated still and it will only be good for a week, so don't delay! :-)

Happy Day everyone!


sorry time is up on this freebie

4 Comments:

  • At 7/12/2006 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cute pics and LO, Sarah! and thanks for the kewl fibers!

     
  • At 7/12/2006 6:56 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Thank you for the fibers.
    Have a nice day.

     
  • At 7/12/2006 9:54 AM, Blogger TheCatLord said…

    good to see you back!

    lisaw.

     
  • At 7/13/2006 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If your house is going to be seriously late, it might be cheaper to rent your own storage unit, have the movers put everything there, and do your own move into the house later (move boxes yourself with a rented truck & just hire someone to move the big stuff.) Seems like you could do that for less than $60 per day if the house runs 2-3 months late.
    Janet

     

Post a Comment

<< Home