Saturday, June 24, 2006

Back to Designing!!!

{Designing}

Sorry for the delay in posting...I've been FINALLY working on the elements for the Denim Dude kit and I think I have a set of things I really like. All that's really left now is to rename everything and zip them up...make a preview I suppose, and get them posted for you all. **Teaser: the elements include a leather belt, stitching, leather patches, a sheriff badge, brass buckle and snap, a grungy overlay, double staple, and wooden slide mounts.** I hope you all will like it. I will put the elements up free for a week like the other parts have been done. I need to then repackage everything to put it up for sale. I may put for sale the whole kit and the individual parts for those that may have picked up some parts so don't need to purchase the entire kit. I hope I can get these up before I move, but if not, they should be available in July.

ALSO...other awesome design news...I will be selling at digiscrappin soon (in addition to my little store on Sarah's Scraps). I had hoped to ready to go by July 1, but with the move coming so quickly, and the little time I've had to sit at the computer the last couple of weeks, it may have to wait till after I get moved. I'll make the announcement here when I make my debut! :-)

I also learned how to make some new things today, so I'm planning a new little blog freebie as well for all my faithful readers that have stuck with me during this long down time.

{Kids}

I picked up Alyssa from camp on Wednesday afternoon. She said she had a great time, wasn't scared any and didn't miss home. I was thrilled to know she had a great time and wasn't scared at all. BUT... my other big concern about camp was her hair. She's old enough and mature enough to care for her hair, but it's so long that she just can't physically reach it to really wash and brush it herself. So I was sure when I checked her in on Sunday to talk to THREE people about her need for them to help her (plus I wrote it on the paperwork I filled out). I was assured by all of them they would help her and braid it after their showers each night. WELL...none of the counselors helped her at all, and a couple of the older girls attempted to help her brush her hair (which I think only made it worse). She came home with a HORRIBLE knot in her hair. It was like matting behind a dog's ear. It took me almost 2 hours to get her hair brushed out. I used just about everything to try and loosen the knots, and eventually ended up having to cut a small chunk out to get the rest of it to loosen. I was so heartbroken about an hour into it, certain I was going to have to cut her hair off. She's been begging me to cut her hair to her shoulders, but I'm just not ready to do it (I keep stalling), and when I do take her, I don't plan to cut it quite that short. I want it to still be long enough to braid and pull back out of her face. So anyway...I managed to save it, but I was absolutely irritated. I am planning to write a letter to them to complain - if they're not able to help these little kids, they shouldn't have them at camp!

here's her hair after about an hour of work on it already, before I cut.


this is the big knot...it's hard to really tell the magnitude of this in the pictures..there was a small core knot at the center of this that was so tight, I just couldn't get the rest of this to release.


here's a picture of the core knot that I ended up having to cut.



Since camp....Ky has been thrilled to have Alyssa home again, and Alyssa has loved being back in her own bed and in air conditioning. hehe Thursday was so peaceful around here, and I was able to actually sit in the computer room to get a few things cleaned up and work on some stuff. Kyleigh just wanted to be in Alyssa's room and hang out with her, and Alyssa was happy to let her. Today though, they needed there space from each other again already, and Kyleigh was unhappy again. sigh... Wasn't as bad though as when Alyssa's not here.

{house and move}

Well, we've had the house on the market about 3 weeks now, only had two showings, and well..nothing is happening still. :-( I hope something starts happening really soon. Eric will be home Saturday and the movers will be here to start packing us Monday - yikes! I can't wait till Eric is home again, three weeks on my own has been tough. I don't know how I did this for 6 months. I'd say in part it was because I only had one kid, but Alyssa's been gone about half the time Eric's been gone, so it's been similar to having just one home again. I think the difference though is that when he used to deploy, I worked full time. I wasn't home all day chasing a little busy body and trying to keep her out of every darn drawer in my house. I had help via her daycare giver. Oh well, whatever the reasoning...it's almost over.

Well, I've stayed up too late yet again and I have a ton of stuff to do in the morning before Eric gets home. I'm headed to bed... later! I'll try to get the denim dude elements up sometime during Saturday and maybe even another blog freebie sometime this weekend...Alyssa is having a little sleep over party with a few of her closest friends Saturday night, so I don't know how much time I will get to work on the computer before Sunday.

1 Comments:

  • At 7/11/2006 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would have been really upset about the knot in her hair! I'd definately write, especially since you expressed your concerns beforehand in anticipation of the potential problem and risk.

    Anita

     

Post a Comment

<< Home