Saturday, January 13, 2007

a little gift, and a random prize

Well, my flight to New Orleans was cancelled. :( United left me a message that they had rescheduled me on a flight that leaves Sunday morning and would arrive in New Orleans at 3:35 PM. That's all fine and dandy, but my return flight leaves New Orleans at 5:30 PM! Not to mention that I'd miss all of my meeting Saturday and Sunday, so what's the point? I asked if they had any other airlines that they could switch me to, and the only thing they could come up with would get me there tonight at 5:30 PM (provided there are no other delays). That would put me in New Orleans for at least 24 hours, BUT most of the meeting occurs on Saturday. I just don't think it's fair to OPA to spend $500 for me to fly out and only end up in about 1/3 of the meeting, so I told the airline to just cancel my flight and refund my ticket. They said no problem, we'll refund you the complete ticket price, BUT it usually takes about 2-3 billing cycles for it to show up on your credit card statement! GOOD GRIEF! *sigh* what can you do? anyway...

I'm about to head to bed. Yes, I've been up all night working on some things and was dealing with phone calls to the airline and expedia trying to resolve this. I'll be back later, but wanted to share a little something I finished up for my loyal friends and customers. :) I hope you like it!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Please right click on the blinkie and save and then load to your own hosting (i.e. photobucket) service, and then you can proudly display in your sigie lines and blogs! Thanks so much for your support.

OH..and I'll be watching for comments today to pick a random commentor to give my next Snappy Scraps Collection to FREE! :)

I'll be back later....

17 Comments:

  • At 1/13/2007 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad your flight got cancelled. Didnt see how you would be awake for your meetings. I need to figure out how to add the blinkie. Deb

     
  • At 1/13/2007 9:16 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    The new blinkie looks great! And what a creative idea for a give away. :)

     
  • At 1/13/2007 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the blinkie, Sarah, it's cute! Sorry you're going to miss New Orleans. I hope you have a great week end anyways.

     
  • At 1/13/2007 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to hear you'll miss your trip to New Orleans! Try to have a good rest of the weekend anyways!

     
  • At 1/13/2007 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry about the flight stuff :( Blinkie is so cute! Adding it to my signature today!

     
  • At 1/13/2007 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bummer, I hate cancelled trips! Blinkie is very cute TFS!
    Krista
    norton94@aol.com

     
  • At 1/13/2007 12:30 PM, Blogger Annie P said…

    So sorry to hear that your flight was canceled. What a bummer. The blinkie is just too cute. I snagged it and can't wait to display in my signature.

     
  • At 1/13/2007 12:54 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    You poor thing, I hate airlines and trains, ok and buses they really have a way about bummin' you out!
    Off to snag blinkie and finish reading up on your blog.

    ~Mary~

     
  • At 1/13/2007 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm loving the colors in your blinkie! Just came across your blog through Digishoptalk. Looking forward to learning more about you and your designs.

    Christy

     
  • At 1/13/2007 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a cute little blinkie Sarah. Lovin' thse hearts.

     
  • At 1/13/2007 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what a gorgeous lil blinkie...thank you :o) I'll wear it proudly. Also sorry about your flight.
    ScrapScavenger@aol.com

     
  • At 1/13/2007 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cute little blinkie! Love the row of hearts!

     
  • At 1/13/2007 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cute little blinkie! Love the row of hearts!

     
  • At 1/13/2007 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cute little blinkie! Love the row of hearts!

     
  • At 1/13/2007 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the new blinkie Sarah :)

     
  • At 1/13/2007 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great new blinkie Sarah! Sporting it proudly!

     
  • At 1/14/2007 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Think I finally figured out how to put the blinkie on.

    Deb

     

Post a Comment

<< Home