Friday, February 24, 2006

I need a weekend retreat!

OMG! It's one of those days when you have that overwhelming feeling like you can't handle everything any more. I told my husband today (Thursday - I haven't gone to bed yet) that I am getting a hotel this weekend and LEAVING so I can just work and work and work and get caught up on school, sleep and whatever else. I feel like I'm becoming so scattered brained, and I absolutely hate not being organized and behind.

I know I'm doing way too much these days, but I LOVE everything I'm doing, and EVERY time I cut something out to reduce the things on my plate, I always replace it with something (or several somethings) else. I made the decision a few months ago to stop selling CM at the end of last year, and I will finally be deactivated in a few days, but I still have the taxes to finish for last year and a bunch of left over inventory I have to do something with. Well, I've picked up plenty of new things to do as well in the last several months - photography, digital design and Girl Scouts. See! I didn't replace it with ONE thing! So now I am a SAHM, wife, grad student, national board member for OPA, Girl Scout Leader, and I'm "training" and laying ground work for TWO businesses: photography and degital design. All this on top of us making some big life changes in the next couple of months - dh is getting out of the Navy, still looking for a job, I should be looking for a job (but I want to continue to stay home and have my own businesses), we're expecting to move SOMEWHERE, and we still want to try for a third kid this year! OMG!!! Can you see why my brain is so disorganized? And why I'm looking into a mother's day out for Ky for 2 days a week? I need some time to get caught up and get sleep!

OK..so to make a plan for this weekend before I go to sleep:
  • finish budgeting spread sheets
  • complete budgeting slides
  • Call Dr. J about capstone and budgeting questions
  • finish OPA articles
  • forward final articles to Ann
  • call Church for GS planting project
  • email/call GS parents about our trip and registration
  • vinish nautical freebie set*
  • make dr, dentist and eye appts for Alyssa
  • get hotel

Friday night and Saturday morning - allllll capstone time!

Saturday afternoon - meet with budgeting group

Saturday night - alllll capstone time!

Sunday return home to spend the day with my family.


*(I'm making a small kit for the SBB Sunday late night and Wednesday late night crop - you'll get half of it at each so be sure to particpate in both: Sunday with Sonya and Wednesday night with Kim - they're both awesome DTMs and so wonderful to allow me the opportunity and challenge to make the freebies! Thanks Sonya and Kim!)

OK..off to bed to get some rest, so I can get up and take Alyssa to school again and tackle that lovely schedule!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home