Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Reflection

So do you think it's possible to be both left and right brained? I know I'm def a left brained person, but I do have a creative side too. I may not be as creative and artsy as some fully right brained people, but I do think it is possible for a person to be left brained and still be somewhat artsy fartsy. Well...I can believe myself even if you don't! lol

Ever wonder if you're making the right sacrifices? This school thing is reallllllly costing me a lot of things I want and love. I really want more time to play with my kids, more time to just spend with my husband, a clean and organized house again, and time to do more of those crafty things I want to do. I feel like everything so important to me is really on the back burner this semester to finish school. Thank goodness this is the last semester. I can't wait to be the mom, wife, and friend again that I want to be. Don't get me wrong, I love learning, and am still very happy with field I chose to my masters in, but man I wish I'd realized how much sacrifice would be involved with it. I don't know that there really was a better time though other than maybe a semester or two sooner. If I had just finished by the time Ky was born (last spring), everything would have been perfect. sighhhhh oh well, the end is near. I will have a lot of making up to do with my family and friends and my husband when this is done. I feel like I've been a huge burden, and asked a lot from everyone to get through this. It so doesn't help that I'm such a perfectionist too, and can't allow myself to get less than an A. MAN does that stress me out too! I am in my final class and capstone this semester and I still have a 4.0. I'm soooo stressed that this darn budgeting class will be the end of my 4.0. I have to work in this group, and so I don't have my normal control of the product I produce. Not to mention I'm having to pick up a lot of slack because my group memebers either don't know the programs we're having to work with, or they're just soooo young and don't have the same work ethic and attitude I have.

Speaking of my group...AHAHHH I had my meeting tonight and I didn't get home from school until like 12:30 AM! Even worse...I have to do a ton of work now for our group before tomorrow (later today) when we present and I still have a ton to do on my lit review section due Wed. So we have this presentation tonight and we have been assigned two "departments" in our pretent city to do the expenditure history for. So there are 4 of us in the group and we split 2 on each department. Well, I've basically done all the work for my section as my partner is still learning how to use excel and power point (but at least she has interest and works to learn and understand!). The other two had the smaller department and did all their graphs and such and slides, and then today we realized we needed to make some changes to things as we merged the two files together to make the one presentation. Well, they didn't save the data in their excel file that they used to make the graphs, so basically I CAN'T change them - they're essentially just pictures of the graphs in power point. Well they had to leave early tonight, so I have to redo all their graphs and then format all the slides to match everything. I have to finish entering in the analysis part because all that's been done is the number crunching and that's not the meat of what we need. AAAHH THEN I notice tonight that we are supposed to have a written report to turn in and give copies of to everyone in class TOMORROW! NO ONE IN THE GROUP HAS DONE THIS! Well, since I HAVE the powerpoint to finish it up, guess who will have to write that? YEP! MEEE I wish I could say screw it, but it's my grade (and I said I'm a perfectionist and can't accept less than an A). OOOHHHH I bet they're all at home sleeping now nice and warm and comfy. I had 3 hours of sleep last night, a looooong day, still have to do some writing for my paper, and I'll have to stay up again all night tonight to get this crap done for them so it's online when they wake in the morning (as I'm laying down, if I'm lucky to do that before the baby gets up). Then I'll have to deal with the baby all day and try to get more work done, go to class tomorrow to present this crap, and then stay up again all night tomorrow working on my paper. WAAAAAH What a fun Valentine's for me huh? :-(

I guess I should stop whining and go work some before I can't. I'm not sure I can stay up again all night tonight...I am too old to pull all nighters more than one at a time here and there. This sucks.

Oh and I have to ask dh in the morning if he got the store to work or not - he was asleep (as most normal people would be) when I got home from school. I've barely seen him today other than the 10 mins I ate dinner with him and the girls. So, I will have the kit out somewhere later today....gotta finsh the school work and maybe get a few hours of sleep first.

Happy Valentine's to you all! Enjoy your loved ones.

1 Comments:

  • At 2/14/2006 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, Sarah, I feel for you. I hope that you managed to get everything done and that you're not totally exhausted.... although I can't imagine how you could get it all done without being totally exhausted if you KWIM! I haven't dl your new freebie yet, but it looks AWESOME! Thanks so much!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home