Monday, February 13, 2006

Shopping & Photo Shoot

Another not so productive day for school work...but I did have some fun with other stuff! lol Mom and I ran to Joann's today JUST TO PICK UP A FEW COLORS OF TULLE. I LOOOOVE this background that Rie did for some pictures of her daughter, and she had told me how to do it several weeks ago, so today I decided to go get some tulle and try it with my girls for some Vday pics and Ky's 10 month pics. Well..several HOURS later, I had a bill for $150! OMG...I got the tulle, a red solid felt, (I use felt and fleece for my photography b/g right now), some of that shaggy red fleece (BEWARE the sign says it's on sale for $4, so I thought cool...I'll get two yards...yeah..NO...when we got to the counter she told me that 2 yds was $25! She said OH that sign has in small print some types of fleece that are excluded and this is one of those! UGH! Needless to say, my 40% off coupon I was planning to use on this other material that was $7/yd got used on this). Anyway...also got some really pretty material for Easter dresses for both girls - mom is going to make them as I do not have time to sew dresses this semester, and I have only ever sewn by pattern a couple of times in my life! I don't typically sew clothing - just decorating type stuff and quilts. Also picked up a few things for Alyssa's Vday gifts for the kids in her class and her secret pal in Girl Scouts.

So we run home (after stopping at Starbucks for drinks and little treats! ha) and I st up everythign really fast for a photo shoot since the sun is quickly going down, and we need to eat dinner quick quick so my parents can get going home and I can go meet my budgeting group. Well, I took about 125 pictures of Kyleigh alone, a few of Alyssa alone and several of both together. One or two of Alyssa were cute, none of them together came out (will have to try again this week maybe), and I managed to get a few that I liked of Ky. I haven't finished editing them yet, but I'm very happy with the coloring and lighting for the most part. Here's the four I have cropped and will finish editing as her 10 month pics. I may try to take a few more later this week if time, weather and SHE permits.



Well...I ended up rescheduling my meeting for tomorrow as I just couldn't make it tonight since my parents were still here and we were just finishing dinner as I would have needed to leave. Not to mention, what we needed to do tonight did not require us to get together (except to keep me from fooling around as I ended up doing tonight!). My parents left fairly late (maybe 7:30 or so) and I played with the pics from the photo shoot for a while and then just fooled around on the computer in general with scrapbook design ideas and stuff.

So again, here I am at 1 AM with still no school work done. I totally have to make myself go to the library every night this week so I won't be distracted. I do have to finish renaming and preparing all the files for the "Adore" kit though, and dh is trying one last thing to see if he can get the store up tomorrow (Monday), so I will have to release my Vday kit on Valentine's Day. No later I promise...for sale or free...all depends on the store by Tuesday! :-)

Ok, so I'm goign to STAY AWAKE for a few more hours and actually do school work. Later gators!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home