Sunday, February 12, 2006

Just another day

Today (OK..it's really already Sunday now, so I mean SATURDAY) I planned on getting up early and working on my capstone paper for a while before my parents came. I didn't expect them to get here before 1 or 2 PM, so I figured I had several good hours to get some work done, and then I could "play" while they were here today and Sunday. I have a budgeting group meeting Sunday night and Monday night, and then my presentation in class and another meeting Tuesday night, then my capstone class on Wednesday night when the 2nd section of this paper is due, and I haven't written even two words of! ok...so I digressed....

Anway...I ended up getting out of bed about 9:30...actually fairly normal time for me. Dh had gotten up when the baby got up and let me sleep in for a bit, until I heard him yelling at my older daughter to turn down the TV before she woke mommy up (mind you I was not awakened by the TV prior to his yelling at her! lol) So, I fooled around for a few chatting on the computer, reading emails and blogs...then I had some breakfast, did a little cleaning up, then it was time to play with the baby while dh was in the garage with the older one...then came lunch...and finally baby took a nap...now it's finally about 1:00 and I've done NOTHING still on the paper. I called my parents about 11:00 and they still hadn't left.....so I figured give them a few more minutes as they were about ready to go, and they should be here between 2 and 3 (it's a 2 1/2 hr drive).

So once the baby was down at 1:00 and dh went back outside to work, I thought..good I've got a good hour or so left, so DD#1 and I cleaned up her bathroom and then she went out to play and I came to sit at my computer to check email again before going to FINALLY start work on the paper....well....I could barely keep my eyes open and found myself nodding off more than staying awake. I finally gave in about 1:30 ish and just went to lay down on my bed. Next thing I knew...baby was waking me up and it was already 3, and my parents are still not here! So, I put the baby outside with daddy and sister to play and came in to call to see where they were...just getting into town (about 30 min still). So, with 30 min, I didn't think I could do much and instead went to visit SBB and read a few forums and leave some comments in the gallery (always behind on that).

Anyway...won't get into the details of all of the remainder of my day, but short story...parents got here finally about 4 is and then we all went out to dinner about 7. Got back late, got the kids to bed and mom and I finally got to play and make digi pages! I'm still teaching mom how to do this, and the inspiration tonight was pretty simple in the late night show, so we used that and pictures I took from my brother's wedding last month. I think both pages turned out nicely. (I'll post below).

Left (mom)

Right (me)
Credits for both:
Solid paper (recolored) from "Adore" by Sarah VanDyke and pattern paper (recolored) from Shabby Princess "Sweet Sprinkles", Doodles by Melissa Renfro from Scrap Girls, and ribbon from Ronna Penner at Scrapbook-elements ribbon shop vol. 2.


So, now..it's 3 AM and I've still done absolutely nothing for my paper due Wednesday...guess I will not be home now at night again until probably FRIDAY! (group meetings, classes, and library time). I'm thinking I'm just going to have to go to the library to get any work done. I cannot seem to seperate myself from all the distractions here at home this semester...my heart just wants to be doing something else all the time.

OMG - and dh is going to be gone next weekend, so I will barely see him again after tomorrow until probably Monday or Tuesday the 20th/21st. :-( Next week is going to be a Loooooong week.

I think I'm going to try to do some Vday pics and 10month pics for the baby tomorrow (today) if I have a few extra minutes. We'll see...mom and I will be doing some more scrapping after she's rested. ha :-)

Speaking of rest, I'm going to need some to tackle this weekend, so I better go get some.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home