Thursday, February 22, 2007

My Girl Scouts are in the News

Thanks to many people who purchased boxes of cookies from our Brownie Girl Scout Troop for the soldiers, we managed to purchase more than 130 boxes to send to Soldiers in Iraq. Last night at our meeting we organzied the cookies, signed a banner to include in the boxes, and created a thank you card to give to all the people that purchased a box to dontate. We'll be putting a list of all donors on a thank you card in the box as well. We also had 2 newspapers show up to take pictures of the girls and find out about what we were doing. The girls were so excited. I haven't seen the actual paper yet (Eric picked one up on his way to work tonight, so when he comes home I'll scan it to share) but I found one of the online versions. You can see the online article here from the Peoria Journal Star.

Gotta love though how quote are taken out of context...one of the quotes they used from me really sounds bad out of context! LOL I had told them the goal was to send at least one box per soldier (there are 40 people in Bill's unit) but we managed to sell over 130. We told Bill when he gets them he can give 1 to each guy and then share the extras with other units or they can keep all to them self so each guy gets 3 boxes. Heck, we don't really care how they split them up and if each guy gets 3 boxes rather than only one, we're just happy to be able to send them any." Anyway...if you read the article you'll see only really that last bit made it in and it sounds like I dont' really care if they get them! LOL sigh...what can you do right?

Anyhow..thank you to all of you that purchased a box or two from Alyssa for this great project. We know the soldiers will be thrilled to get these huge boxes of tons of cookies! I'll have some pictures to add soon and I'll put the scanned actual article when I get that later.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home