Friday, February 09, 2007

Another Productive Day

I've really been having some up and down days this week. That time of the month must be close (how sad does that sound that I don't KNOW for sure? That's my crazy hormones and upnredictable cycles for ya - lovely huh?). Anyhow, I was chatting with a good friend, Gina (CraftTeaLady) the other night as she was trying to cheer me up and help me put things into perspective. She mentioned that she bets I feel like I never do anything all day, when in reality I probably do a lot. YES, this is sooo true - and sadly I do know it. I'm so hard on myself about EVERYTHING. This even includes allowing myself to feel like I actually did a lot for the day. I make myself to do lists that are so unrealistic anyone would be unsucesful at completing it, and EVEN THOUGH I KNOW THIS, if I don't finish everything on the list, or most of it, I often tell myself.."man I just didn't get anything done today." Well I have started lately trying to cross off things on my list or check them, and even started making a new list of things accomplished. This at least allows me to see I do get things done. Gina suggested though that I write down everything I do for the day. Usually all I put on my completed list are those things I finished that were originally on my todo list, and we all know we do more than is really on that list throughout a day.

So today..here's what I've done (not necesarily in order):
Finished a kit for the April SBB Ezine
Created my freebies for my chat tomorrow (tonight)
Checked all of Alyssa's DVDs, added new ones to our movie list, and made labels for her DVD case to help her better keep track of all of these.
Cleaned the kitchen (actually a couple times - after lunch and dinner).
Made dinner (dh made lunch)
Dusted
Picked up the living room
Unpacked my bedroom (finally! We still have more to do, but we made some real progress finally)
Found all the bathroom stuff for the girls' bathroom so finished decorating that
Reorganzied a few things in the linen closet
Finished the Chevron (our publication) article requests for OPA and mailed those out
Attended a chat
Took Alyssa to ballet class
Commented many times in the SBB forum and gallery and a few times in the DSS forum and gallery
Did homework with Alyssa
Cared for and played with the kiddos
Signed up to set up a forum for OPA

Whew..I think that's all of it, but hey I may have forgotten something. Either way, that list is pretty darn long so I don't think I can say I did NOTHING today! lol


Alyssa has been a challenge lately. Her teacher has discussed the possibility of ADD with me, to which I was at first shocked and thought absolutely no way. The more I watch her, the more I am wondering. Her teacher called me again last night about her behavior (she's not doing anything terrible in school, she's just really independent and doesn't always follow directions as she should - no surprise since I have the same problem here). We talked about what happend for the day and then talked more about signs/red flags the teacher has noticed that may be ADD indicators. I think the best thing may be to at least discuss it farther with her doctor and do a little more research - it's been a long time since I read or studied anything on ADD. It's almost time for her 7 year old annual well child dr. visit, so I think I may go ahead and see if I can make the appt a little early to start discussing this.

Today she and I were putting the labels in her DVD case while Kyleigh was napping (Alyssa got out of school early today). When we were done, she went upstairs a few minutes ahead of me. I went up just a couple minutes later to get things out of her back pack and called her to come so we could go through things she brought home and do her homework. She didn't answer, so I started looking all over and started getting really irriated that she was hiding or something. Finally I realized she just wasn't in the house! Her coat and shoes were gone. The back door was still locked, so she must have gone out the front. She was no where around the house. I started to panic - she's NEVER left the house without asking me, and I was just at a loss. I finally called down to one of her friends down the street and sure enough she was down there! UGH I was so upset with her. I told her she was going to be grounded for a week. She's never been grounded before, and she has two birthday parties she was invited to this weeeknd. I feel terrible to take away all of her time with friends, and not let her go to the parties, espeically since she's never done something like this before, and I've never grounded her before. I just don't know.... She does have a Girl Scout Daddy Daughter dance tomorrow that Eric took off work for the day to take her too, and I'm still letting her go to that. I'll have to sleep on the parties. Eric has Saturday this weekend off too so we were planning to go do a few things all together. hmmm She was really good the rest of the night for me, and the girls didn't fight or anything today (that's really RARE these days!). All things to consider.

Well, I'd love to blog more, but it's getting late and I'm pretty tired. I have another dental appt tomorrow - turns out I have two small cavities so now I have to go get fillings. bummer... I also still need to finish my contribution for the February PDW kit tomorrow. I need to make a call tomorrow to set up a roller skating activity for my GS troop too. Lots more todo...as I said earlier always a full to do list.

Oh before I go, I do have a new LO share. This one I did a little while back for the February SBB Ezine, so I couldn't show it before now. Just a simple page of Kyleigh sucking her little thumb with her nose bent. hehe

Ky Nov 06 (credits here)

2 Comments:

  • At 2/09/2007 10:23 AM, Blogger Ernie Hendrix said…

    Great blog! And your post today is so on target for me. Sometimes I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels going nowhere. But when I list what I actually did, I've accomplished more than I realized.

     
  • At 2/09/2007 11:07 PM, Blogger Robin said…

    Wowee Sarah! Can you give me some energy? I feel like I'm getting nothing done lately! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home