Tuesday, October 24, 2006

We had a good weekend

Despite Eric having duty this past weekend, we managed a pretty relaxing time. When Eric got home from work on Friday night we took the girls to a local farm/pumpkin patch before it got dark. The girls had a great time and I got a few pictures. Ky was more interested in all the little farm cats running around and chased them all over. After purchasing our pumpkins and some colorful mums to decorate with we headed out to dinner.

Saturday was duty for Eric and the other Girl Scout Leader for Alyssa's troop and her kids came over for a couple hours. We ordered pizza for lunch and then Brenda and I worked on some troop planning while the kids played their little hearts out. After they left Alyssa went down the street to play with another little friend for a couple hours while Ky took a nap and I did some work. Once Eric came home, he got a few fence pannels up before it got too dark, and then in the evening Alyssa and Daddy had a movie night while Ky and I played downstairs.

Sunday we planned to go to the park and take some nice fall pictures, but it was soooo cold we decided it was just too cold to play outside. I took a few fall pictures from the porch, the deck, and the kitchen window and then Alyssa and I just lounged around while Ky napped. When Eric came home the kids were just dying to go outside, so I bundled them up to go play for a bit while Eric worked some more on the fence. I went ahead and put some warm clothes on too and grabbed the camera. I layed Ky in the yard in some leaves to take some pictures, and the poor baby was so cold she didn't even move! We got several really cute shots before we were just too cold to stand it any more. I think the temp was a little less than 40 degrees, but felt like 30. BRRRRR (I am posting from my laptop before going to bed, so I'll have to add some pictures later).

Today I took Ky outside since it was a bit warmer to take her 18 month pics before Eric left for work. It's helpful to have him help control her while I try to take the pics. I got several cute ones before we came back in and Eric left for work. Then I planned to wait for Alyssa to come home so I could take both kids to the park after we ran to the vet, but by the time Alyssa got home it was 38 degrees again! ugh. So...no park again, just a run to the vet.

Well..I'll have to post all the pics tomorow...Eric is working 12 hours every day this week and will be getting home REALLY late so I have to be able to get up and get Alyssa ready for school. I need to go to bed early so I can get enough sleep. I'm about an hour later than I planned now, so hopefully I'll do better tomorrow! ha.

Night for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home