Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Home from Chicago

Well I headed up to Chicago on Saturday afternoon to meet up with some gals from SBB. I meant to leave in the morning so I could go into Chicago and meet up with Lisa W and see some sights and then go back down to Napperville where the SBB gathering was for the crop Saturday night, and to stay with Raechel, Amy, and Robin. Well...I know this is hard to believe for those who know me..but I can actually be a little nervous and shy about heading out to meet a bunch of people by myself. I was afraid I'd end up by myself, hanging out in a hotel all alone, and just plain wishing I was home. On top of that, Eric was actually off for the weekend, and I really wanted to take the girls to a pumpkin patch to get some pictures and such...so I just had a hard time motivating myself to leave Saturday morning. I kept debating whether I should really go or not. I was kinda nervous about driving all the way into Chicago by myself too and didn't really want to pay $40 to park just for a couple of hours....so...I DID finally decide to go, but I left at 12:30 so I just went straight to the hotel in Napperville, hoping I'd be there in time to do a little shopping or something in the area with the girls there. I didn't get there till 2:30 and by then when I called Raechel she said they were already on their way back, so I just went ahead and checked in and waited in our room. About 3:30 Raechel called to tell me they'd be there in about 20 min and to meet them in the lobby and we'd go right to dinner. So I went downstairs after about 15 min and waited......They hit trafic and got lost and such so didn't show up at the hotel until almost 5 PM. By then it was just too late to go out because we needed to be at the hotel by 6:30 for when people might start arriving for the crop. So we ordered in some pizza. I went down to the hotel bar with Robin Cabana about 5:30 and we got a drink and relaxed for a bit and just chatted. About 6 we went back to the room to eat the pizza and gather our things to go downstairs for the crop. About 11 people total showed for the crop, but we didn't get much scrapping done since we were all so busy giggling and having a good time. I thought I took more pictures, but turns out I only took 5! How sad am I? lol Thankfully some of the other girls took more pics and shared them with all of us. Jen Caputo even got a good group shot of everyone.

So...Saturday night Amy and Raechel turned in as they had early flights out and Robin and I sat up chatting till some late hours and then we slept in Sunday morning. We headed out into Napperville to find somewhere to eat lunch and then I finally headed back home about 3:30. Turned out I had a good time. I only wish I could have met up with Lisa W and the other girls downtown to meet them too, but I just didn't have time to go into Chicago and I didn't want to pay $40 to park for just an hour or two - not to mention, it's another hour drive or even an hour by train from Napperville into Chicago. SO...maybe another time. I hope.

Today..I've been soooo tired. I fell asleep on the couch last night after we got home from dinner and the girls went to bed, slept about 2 hours and then got up and checked email and such for abotu an hour. Then I went to bed and actually slept about 8 hours. Then after being up for a few hours this morning, I passed out again and slept for another 2 hours before Eric left for work. I was dragging all day and finally got a bit of energy after the kids were in bed tonight and started on a scrap page. I figured I could be done with this page in about an hour or so and go to bed early, but NO..simple pages always take me forever. LOL

So...here's my page from tonight finally. These are my girls with my friend Shayna's boys last month when we went home. We met up at Chick-fil-a for lunch and the kids had a great time playing in the play room together for about an hour. We braved it and attempted to get a picture of all four of them before we left, and actually managed a few with all 4 looking at us and sitting.

Credits here

OK and with that...I am going to bed now. It's late and all I've done today is load the dishwasher, take care of the kids, and scrap this one page! LOL Mabye I'll have some energy again tomorrow so I can get back to some design that I'm behind on, and some OPA work I REALLY need to get done.

1 Comments:

  • At 10/27/2006 9:58 PM, Blogger Robin said…

    Hey there Sarah! I've been meaning to come by and say hi! :) I had so much fun hanging out with you!!!! Going to add ya to my bloglines now!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home