Friday, October 06, 2006

I am still alive

Sorry I haven't done any real blogging in so long. It's been a couple of tough weeks. My brother left last week to go to Iraq and every time I thought (and even still now) of him it would just bring me to tears. I'm not so much scared that he will be hurt, he's really going to do a relatively safe job (well, as safe as one can actually be in a war zone), and in my heart I really know he'll be ok, but for some reason I'm still just really upset about it. Maybe it's just the idea that my little brother has to go and be in such a horrific situation. I know my parents are having a really hard time sending their only son, and baby off to war and that may be part of what upsets me - knowing how hard this is for them. I think of his wife left behind, and though I know she's very strong and will keep herself busy, I remember how hard it could be to get through even the regular 6 month deployments with my husband. I don't think I can even comprehend saying good bye to him for a year to go to a WAR. I guess it will just take time from all of us to accept his being gone and worry less about him. He's called my mom a couple of times now and says he's ok and it's not as bad as he expected, but he's not in Iraq yet...he's in Kuwait for a couple of weeks right now. We're planning to try and do care packages for him each month to let him know we miss him and are thinking about him. I know Alyssa is really upset too about him being gone, but she doesn't really understand the danger of where he is. She just knows he's gone for a long time and he's fighting the bad guys. sigh...

In addition to worrying about my brother a good online scrapping friend of mine lost her son in a freak skateboarding accident. He was killed immidately upon impact. I've been thinking about her and praying for peace for her and family every day. I just can't imagine that I'd even be able to function, and yet she is so strong and has such awesome faith - she truly is amazing. The digi communitiy is so wonderful, over 40 designers came together so we could make an amazing kit in her honor. The kit turned out HUGE and ended up split into 6 kits! All the procedes from the sale of the kits goes to my friend Gina and her family to help with the costs of Nick's funeral and such. You can pick up this gorgeous kit at SBB. The entire thing is $20 or get the individual parts for $5 each.

Gina, I continue to think and pray for you every day. I hope the coming days as everyone returns back to "normal" things are not too terribly painful for you.

So I haven't been blogging because my mind has been busy worrying and thinking of my brother and my family, and Gina's family, and last week I was just so tired. Eric has been working many 12 hour days last week and this week, and I've just not been getting all the sleep I need between going to bed late and getting up early. It's been tough adjusting to Eric's new schedule since getting out of the Navy, but lately it's been even harder with him working weekends and 12 hours days too.

On to some other more chipper news...

Have I mentioned I LOVE my new fridge? lol We got a newer and larger fridge when we moved into this house and I really really like it! I can get so much more in the freezer and the fridge, and the water dispenser measures out water for me! This is so handy...when you're cooking, or filling up something large! You can set it to whatever amount you need and let it go while you grab other stuff. No getting out measuring cups either. ha! the little things...what can I say...easily amused I guess. hehe The only down side...keeping stainless steel clean and free of little people finger prints is a pain the butt! LOL

Speaking of new things...we also got a new vacuum...very cool too. Now I have one upstairs and one downstairs so I don't have to drag it up and down the stairs to clean. :-) The upstairs one cleans quite well, pushes very easily, and is very handy for cleaning the stairs too.

Another new love - the PLAY ROOM! At first Kyleigh would barely have anything to do with it, but it turns out it's because it was a HUGE mess and she couldn't find anywhere to sit in there and play. I spent many hours last week cleaning it up and getting everything organized and put away in there, and now she actually plays in there! yay!! This is great when I want to sit down and work on the computer for a little while because the playroom is downstairs with the computer room (it's really all one big room that we've divided up using the furniture) so I can watch her while I work. Eric still has to make the new shelving for the playroom, but for now it's functional and the kids like it, and so does mommy! hehe

oh..a rant now...SO frustrated with the phone company. Let me recommend..if you move or want to set up phone service with AT&T, DON'T DO IT ONLINE! They give you free installation if you do it online, so we though GREAT we can save $40! YEAH..they sure make you work for it! There system SUCKS! It keeps restarting while you're going through it, and we had to call them to put our address in the system so we could do it anyhow. After about 10 attempts, Eric finally got all the way through the process and it gave him a number, said they'd hook us up this week on Monday between 8-12 and sent him an email saying they had our order and would be sending a confirmation email in 3 business days. Well, Monday came (mind you the order was done last week about tuesday), we still hadn't received an email, Eric didn't writed down the phone number because he expected it would be in the email, and about 2 PM, noone had still come or called. So, I called them. Found out somehow their system input us as a completely different city and told them there was already service at that address, so they just didn't finish the order. Didn't bother to contact us or anything. After a good 1 1/2 hours on the phone I had a new order finally placed for the correct city, a new phone number, and they told me they couldn't come hook us up now until next week on Wed! I was a little upset since I'd already waited a week and didn't care to wait another, but we really don't have much choice. Not a lot of phone choices here. They had me call the installation department and they told me they could come this Friday! Still not as soon as I'd like, but better than having to wait until next week. SO...we'll see if they actually show tomorrow and if my phone finally works!

Well this posting has taken me a few attempts to get this much down, so I think I'll call it enough for this round. Will have to come back with more info later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home