Tuesday, August 15, 2006

New release and other updates

First, some design update:

I've been working the last few days to finish the element pack for Spring Free.
Spring Free elements to be added to my store at digiscrappin.biz today. These elements coordinate with my Spring Free papers already in the store. If you haven't picked up the papers yet, you can get the whole kit also for a reduced price.





Scrapping & Weekend Activities

~ Sunday
I scrapped another page Sunday night too - thanks to Sonya's sketch chat at SBB! I took the girls to a baseball game on Sunday afternoon. Eric had gotten free tickets from work, but then he had to work Sunday, so I went ahead and braved it on my own so we could get out of the apartment and enjoy sometime outdoors. We didn't stay the whole game, but we had a pretty good time and the girls loved getting out of the house for a little while.


credits here

~Saturday
Satuday was Eric's only day off last week, so we made sure to take advantage of the day and fill it with errands and a few fun activities. In the morning Eric took Alyssa to a "trial" class of Karate. She absolutely looooved it, and we'd love to sign her up, but it was $100 a month and you have to sign a 1 year contract! We just can't see spending that much on her for Karate at this age, and the contract really makes me nervous. I could just see 3 months down the road she's tired of it and I'm still paying $100/month for another 9 months! BUT...we checked out the local community center, and if we get a family membership she can take Tae Kwon Do lessons there for free (I was inTae Kwon Do for 2 years when we lived in Korea - did you know I have my black belt??? I DO..REALLY...but yes, it has been 15-20 years since I got it and did anything with it lol)...anway... If we don't get the family membership the lessons are only $40 a month - WAAAAY cheaper than $100, so I think this is probably what we're going to do. I think we're actually going to get a membership because she can take gymnastics lessons, swimming, sports, etc... there too.

The afternoon was filled with buying MORE school uniforms (yep, she still needed another couple shirts and pants, and one more jumper - and this time the bill wasn't so CHEAP! agggh) and running errands.

On Saturday evening we went to water park (at that same community center where the Tae Kwon Do classes are). The school where Alyss will be going had a back to school private party at park in the evening. We were a little hesitant to go since it was going to be in the 70s and 60s by the time the party was scheduled, and Eric and Kyleigh both had colds...but we went ahead and went for a little bit. The water was heated so it wasn't too bad at all for about the first hour. After about an hour though, Ky was just shivering, so we cut the night short and came home. As we arrived, Ky noticed the water falls and sprays while we were walking up to the gate and her eyes just became huge, her mouth dropped open in a biiiig grin and she practically drug Eric trying to run to it all. It was sooo cute. I didn't get a picture of it, but it is certainly a moment I won't forget. I did get a few other cute pictures of her playing in the water though before the camera battery died and I went to play in the way with everyone too. We'll have to get that family membership so we can go to the park more in the future (when it's warm outside).



Kyleigh actually is also in this picture of Alyssa coming down the slide. The splash was so big though that she is hidden! She loved going down the slide in Alyssa's lap. That kid really has NO FEAR!

And, finally....today and to do..

Well, today I am just pooped from staying up way too late the last couple of nights, so one thing for sure on today's list NAP while Kyleigh naps. hehe
I HAVE to get some work done on the OPA webpage today and my monthly report and then ifI still have time left today I'll get started on my design todo list:

Work on Collaboration kits
Freebies for my first crop as an official DTM as SBB (this Friday at 11 PM EST)
CT call announcement
Elements for "Summer Fun"
Other new element packs coming soon...
Templates I have coming soon.....

Well...I'm off for now.... to handle yet another day of excitement lol.. why is it my children LOVE to empty drawers of clothing and squeel all the time?? ugh lol

later gators!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home