Saturday, July 29, 2006

Dh to the rescue!

{computer}

yay!!! The benefits of marrying a computer savy guy... they can fix your computer when you're totally ready to throw it off the balcony and turn it into a little fishy house lol. Finally after working 6 or 7 shifts this week (since Monday!) Eric had this evening off and is beginning to take my comptuer all apart again to reinstall my operating system. This does make it a TAD bit difficult to get to photoshop for a few days to finish my kits, although I wasn't getting far anway between the computer problems and the crazy mood my kids have been in. BUT again, dh is such a smarty, he has a separate hd that stores all my files separate from the operating system and another drive that has all my programs. SO, he's taking my files hd out and putting it in his computer, and installed PSE for me on his computer so I can sort of get to my things to work still while he wipes out the operating drive and reloads things. PSE isn't quite the same as PSCS2, but it should allow me to maybe get some work done again still. I can also access my files then from the laptop too, so finally a good reason to have a million computers! lol

OK...so on to other news, since I've now posted about my darn computer 3x now lol

{Shopping yesterday}

Yesterday I had to get out of this apartment and decided it was either shopping or swimming...since it was sunny and hot, and I don't realllly like to wear a swimming suit...I elected for shopping - less required to get ready to go shopping. :-) Swimming requires sunblock, swim suits, toys, towels, blah blah blah and then baths immediately upon returning. So...we found this outdoor mall (actually pretty neat since it isn't blazing hot here like it would be in TX now). Alyssa loves Build a Bear, but they don't seem to have one here. This mall though had a store very similar to it and Alyssa made kitty and picked out a maroon (for Texas A&M) cheerleader outfit. Very cute. I didn't get one for Ky because she doesn't care much for her bear from build a bear, but...yep you guessed it..she is in love with Alyssa's kitty! Guess we'll have to go back and get another soon. For now Aly is being really good about sharing with her. Then we looked around the Bombay for Kids to get some ideas for Alyssa's new bedroom. She'll have a full size bed in the new house, so I'm going to get new bedding for her. Then we headed over to the Yankee Candle store where Aly whinned "do we HAVE to go look at candles?" lol Once she was in there though and we were smelling all the different scents, she was having just as much fun as mommy. We couldn't decide WHAT to get lol Finally we settled on a new tart burner and 8 awesome tarts. :-) (yes, Eric thinks we're crazy! lol). We picked up:
Cinnamon Stick, Juicy Watermelon (this is one of my faves!), Vanilla Cupcake (one of Aly's picks), Autumn Wreath, Butercream (mmmmm def the fave!), Sweet Strawberry, Vanilla Caramel, and Peach & Sweet Berries. Needless to say...we were HUNGRY when we left. hehehe

So then we walked around a bit and came across at little play area by Caterpillar. I decided to let the girls run around and just have fun for about 30 min - Ky LOVED getting out the stroller and just playing. I wanted to take some pics, but didn't have a camera with me. This other guy took a pic of his kid in one of the tractors with his phone and then I remembered OH..My phone has a camera too (yep...had this phone for 2 or 3 years now and still forget this), but I didn't want to do it after he did and look like a copycat dork..si I tried to wait him out, but I was ready to go before he and his kid left. Will have to throw the little sony camera in the backpack next time we head over there.

After all our fun we stopped at the Cat store on the way out to get pink Cat shirts for the girls and a plastic tractor like daddy supervises the building of. Then we ran to McD's to grab some dinner (chicken nuggets and apples for the girls and salad for mommy - not tooooo bad for fast food). By the time we got home, ate dinner and such it was already bed time ! yay...what a great way to pass the day. :-)

{Today}
Today dh worked the day shift (nice after he worked 7 am - 11 pm yesterday), so this morning after breakfast the girls and I went to see the house. I haven't been over to see it in about 2 weeks. The tile is all done, the stair banister is done, all the doors, all light fixtures are in, and he was putting in the kitchen cabinets. It's looking nice. I didn't get any new pics since the builder was there working and I was trying to keep the girls from getting into too much. Ky was having quite the time going up and down the stairs (def need to get some gates immediately! lol) and Alyssa had a blast playing in the dirt while I was talking to the builder! sigh..my girls...they were so dirty when we came back...but they had fun and that's what counts. The builder said he'd be done for sure in Aug and will aim for a closing about the 21st so we can be sure to get our stuff out of storage by the 25th. (our storage time limit will be up about then and that's when it becomes about $60/day, plus I will be going out of town again that weekend for another meeting, so it would be nice to have the STUFF delivered on that Friday so I can help before I go. hehe) Hopefully we'll be moving in then over the first week of September. whoo hoooo (as long as some other pieces fall into place - PLEASE pray for our other house to sell SOOON - it will really help with me NOT having to get a job right now).

Dh got home about the time Ky woke from nap. He hadn't seen Ky since Wednesday, cuz he worked 2 shifts yesterday. She was asleep when he left and already asleep when he came home last night and then still asleep when he left today. lol So the kids pretty much played with him for a while and enjoyed some daddy time and then we all went to dinner. ummm yeah...the Golden Coral here is pretty ewww lol. It wasn't terrible, but I don't think we will bother again. On our way home we attempted to stop by this little scrapbook store out in Washington, but it was closed and there was some car club show going on in the downtown square - so we wondered around for a little while looking at all the old cars, Alyssa danced to the music, and Ky enjoyed running around in the grass for a little while.

I'm beginning to get used to the idea of being here, and maybe not in such a hurry to leave. Maybe it's the house....I still don't know anyone, but hopefully that will change when we get in the house and school starts for Alyssa. Yesterday I found myself in tears when I crossed the bridge from East Peoria into Peoria. Crossing the bridge reminded me of a conversation with my dad about Peoria and for some STRANGE reason that brought me to tears. :-( I may just have still been a littel emotional yesterday about the previous days discussion about me having to get a job. who knows...I'm a girl! lol

Well, I think this is a good enough novel for today...It's getting late and we have several errands to run in the morning. Then I hope to get some progress made on my kits on dh's computer while he fixes mine. Hopefully I will be back on my desktop by tomorrow night. The sooner I can get back on, the sooner I can put up my blog freebie and start my little contest. :-)

Sweet dreams...

1 Comments:

  • At 7/29/2006 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmm I married a computer guy. and well after a week of I don't know when I'll get to working on your computer issue I called out customer support.

    then the husband took the time to supervise customer support fixing my problems. Maybe next time he'll listen to my complaints! lol

    mcmartian

     

Post a Comment

<< Home