Monday, April 10, 2006

Solo parenting

whew...how did I ever do this for 6 months? ha Maybe it helped tremendously that I only had one, she was little, and I was teaching, not in school myself. I stayed every day at work till 4:30 (my student left about 1:30/2 ish) to do all my planning and grading so when I went home I spent my time with Alyssa. But wow...now with two, grad school, and many other committments...whew..this single parenting is hard work. I sure am glad that we won't be doing any more 6-month deployments, though I do need to remember the hardest part of the deployments were always the first 2 weeks. EVERYTHING always went wrong in the first two weeks, and then it seemed that things settled in and I got into the new routine and did OK from there. That's not to say there weren't still rough days.....

If I weren't in school right now, I think I'd be fine. School just stresses me more than anything else because I'm such a perfectionist or overachiever as I've been labeled more than once. Sadly, I set this insane goal for myself when I started grad school - I decided I was going to try to make it through this program with a 4.0. AAAAAAAAAGHHH What was I thinking? Well...whatever it was, I'm in the last semester and have managed to keep the 4.0. So far..my budgeting class is still an A (actually I think I still have a 100 average in the class) , but we'll see how the capstone goes. I'm really stressed over this. I just can't produce crap when I've been a 4.0 student. It's one of those things where you just have to continue to do better and better each time and it puts so much stress on me. ugh.. Well...I won't go into all the details, but I'm really worried about the capstone, and I'm trying to keep telling myself I will finish this, it will work out, and I will graduate!

Well, I got shot the last two girls today that missed the original photo shoot Saturday. I'm really excited to see how their composite comes out, but man to have to edit close to 300 pictures now..whew..that's just another thing on the list this week. :-)

Well..I'm sure I could ramble on and on for quite bit today, but I'm very tired after only 2 hours of sleep last night, I still have that quiz to finish that's due tomorrow, still need to finish cleaning the kitchen, really need to pick up the house some and put laundry away before my mom comes tomorrow, and it's already almost 10 PM.

I hardly ever watch TV any more..but I got caught up in the Apprentice tonight. I used to watch this all the time, but I haven't seen it at all this season (as I haven't seen really much of anything this season). Anyway..OMG the first show (because they showed two tonight) the team that lost (actually they lost both shows) their team manager was soooo abnoxious. MAN. I didn't even see the first part of the first show, I only saw the board room, but dang that guy was just ASKING for a firing. lol The second show I was shocked by the winning team's project manager. At the start of the task she asked the team to brainstorm promotional ideas, and then like after two were thrown out..she cut everyone elses ideas off and just said "we're doing the hats" ??? Good thing they won, cuz even I think the hats were dumb. They only won because of their price. anyway...board room #2 just coming back...will it be the team leader or the the other guy that disagreed with the rest of the team on the price? ..... hmmmmmm

awwwww she got fired on her birthday....

Ok..with that I'm off to get something done before bed tonight. :-)
Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home