Sunday, April 02, 2006

One of those days

Ever have one of those days where it just seems like you're cursed, and if it weren't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all? hahaha wellll that has been my Satuday. I'm so frustrated with this day, and this long week, I have to just go to bed! It feels like it's been 2 weeks since my husband went out of town. He finally got home tonight about dinner time, and tomorrow after Church he's taking both girls out to the airshow so I can just have quiet to get caught up on all the work I DIDN'T get done this week. I've managed ONE hour of time to devote to my capstone since Tuesday (he left Wed). :-( I'm really getting nervous my professor will just drop me if I don't have it together by my meeting with him this coming Wed. If he feels you just can't get it together in time for the presentations (one MONTH away now!) he'll pull you from capstone and not let you graduate. This would be terrrrrible since I've already purchased my announcements and cap and gown (though cap and gown could be used later). Not to mention I've made a 4.0 through this entire program so it would be realllllly sad if I can't get it together to graduate!

Oh..other news before I hit the pillow. Dh had 8 interviews this week while he was gone (that's what he was off doing - it was a hiring conference set up by one of his headhunters). Three he pretty much threw out right away, of the other 5, 4 are out of state! We said we'd be willing to go anywhere, but in my heart I really really wanted to stay here in TX near our families. There are no offers on the table yet, but there really aren't many other promising options right now either. His number one choice his in Peoria, IL - that's quite away from our family. If I could JUST get that FBI job in TX I applied for, he wouldn't have to take anything he didn't want right now. He'd have more time to really find something good here in TX. However, that job announcement closed back on March 10, and there's still no word on the outcome. I called the other day and they said I will hear one way or the other, but they can't even estimate how long it will take. So...I'll probably not find out anything before Eric has to take something and by then if they do offer it to me, it will be too late for me to be able to accept it. :-( I know I've moved all my life, and seeing new places really doesn't scare me, and if we stayed in the Navy we'd be moving most likely out of TX too, BUT when we move with the military its only for 3 years. I'm not moving away from my family for the rest of my life! My girls are so close to my family and I'm so sad about all this, but we have to do something. We can't just limit ourselves to TX or he may never get a job in time - we've only got 2 months left! :-(

Well....one of tonights things I was trying to finish and just had about a bajillion things go wrong....was the freebie for the saturday night moonlight crop (last night really since it's already Sunday now). It's finally finished so I can send to Sonya in the morning and she will send out to those of you that participated. Sorry for the lateness on this one guys!


Preview for the Saturday night chat (last night now). 2 patterned papers, 2 solids, 2 ribbons, 1 brad and 1 buckle. Thanks to Atomic Cupcake for the chalked edges.

Well, with that I'm off to get a good night of sleep so I can be extra productive on my capstone tomorrow while Eric takes the girls out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home