Friday, March 31, 2006

TGIF!!!!!

I'm having such a heck of a time getting anything done since my husband went out of town. Playing single mommy right now is just overwhelming. Dh had an early flight on Wed, so I got up and took Alyssa to school at 7:30, came home and fed Kyleigh and got her all packed up and ready for mother's day out. Dropped her off at 9:00 and then came back home hoping to get some work done since it would be my my last kid-free time until Dh retunrned Sat night. Well, I was so darn tired I was falling asleep at the computer. I figured, well if I go lay down for about an hour and a half, I can feel rested and get up about 11 (I expected Dh to return from his flight about 11 and then pack his stuff up to leave about noon). I could grab some lunch then and work until I had to pick up the girls at 2 and 2:30. Wellllll Dh got home, but didn't wake me, I don't remember if I heard my alarm or not. Dh got himself all packed up and then woke me about 5 min before he was leaving (at 12:30!). So I lost more time and I didn't even get to see him before he left. I had 1 1/2 hours to get some lunch, and do a few things before I left to get the girls. After I picked them up, I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning up and getting ready for the babysitter, feeding everyone dinner, and bathing Alyssa early. I left for class about 6:30 and when I got home about 9, Alyssa was still not in bed and was having a tantrum saying she wasn't tired and she missed Daddy. AHH! So finally got her off to bed and the babysitter out the door to sit down and work at 10:00 PM! I worked on a few things on the computer, and just as I was about to leave the computer room and go work on my paper in the living room, I decided to check and see what Kim had up for the 2pgr scrap (UGHHH I should have NEVER looked!). I ended up searching for a few pictures, but I did move to the laptop so I could sit in the living room and work on my paper at the same time. I worked on the layout (but my laptop is soooo slow) and my paper while waiting for things to move or whatever on the lo. I think about 1 AM I put away the paper and came back to my desktop to try and finish the los quickly so I could go to bed. I still fooled around for like another 2 hours on those layouts! DANG the sketch was just not working for me. I finally altered the left page a bit and finished it and then modified the right just a tad (switched the top and bottom) and the decided I'd have to get back to it later. I've yet to finish it now. I'll post here so you all can tell me what I still need on the right side - it just doesn't look "finished" to me.


credits: paper, elements, and alpha from Jen Wilson Worn Comfort "Grass Stains" , b/g stamp from Shabby Princess "Urban Kiwi"

Anyway... I barely stumbled to room to bed Wednesday night, forgot to set my alarm, and THANK GOODESS Alyssa woke early and came into my room about 7 and woke me up. Got her off to school again, and then yesterday was just a nightmare with Ky! I saw one of her top teeth FINALLY cut through (there are several just sitting right under the surface and her poor little gums are sooo swollen). I couldn't sit down at my computer for more than 2 minutes at a time all day yesterday, so I didn't even attempt to try and work on my paper - no way to concentrate on it with Ky constantly needing something and hanging on me. I just worked on some paper designs for a kit (part of which will be the freebie for this Sat moonlight crop) and the patterned papers for Denim Darling and Dude (I'm soooo sorry those are coming out so late. I hope I can get them up this weekend and then finish up the elements for both of those asap). I got a bit done on with my couple minutes here and there at the computer, but I still have to finish them up. After I picked up Alyssa from school yesterday I took both girls in the backyard to play for a while. I ended up pulling weeds too for about an hour (man my legs and back are sore today now too! haha). Afterwards, time to get dinner ready, eat, bathe Ky, bed time snacks, stories....blah blah blah...got both kids in bed by 8:15 PM! I couldn't WAIT for bedtime last night. I was hoping to be able to work on my paper a few hours and then finish up the DD papers. I jumped in the shower about 8:20 and was sitting at my computer ready to work by 8:45. By 9ish, I was already falling asleep sitting here. ugh! So, I gathered my paper stuff and went to lay in bed, thinking I could work a bit, take a little nap and then get up and work at the computer again. nooooope! Dh called at 10 and woke me - I've got no idea how long we talked, I was soo not awake. I woke again about 2 am, but didn't really want to get up yet. I figured I could get up at 4 and have had a decent night of sleep...have a few hours to work before the girls got up. I never heard the 4 am alarm and thankfully woke by 7 am to get Alyssa to school on time again!

So...here I am...just got Ky breakfast and down for a little morning nap (although she doesn't sound like she's doing much sleeping in there). I am going to go work on my paper. Maybe I've finally had enough sleep I can stop falling asleep! ha

So... I will get those Denim papers out hopefully this weekend and then the elements should hopefully follow soon. I can't promise much as Dh still doesn't come back till tomorrow night so I'm stillll solo for yet another full day, night and tomorrow. :-( I need to leave for several days next week so I can catch up now! ha

Happy Friday everyone! Thankfully I have no one to get ready for school tomorrow morning! I should be able (if I can stay awake) to stay up late tonight and get some work done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home