Friday, March 24, 2006

Shopping Spree and some Girl Time

WOW! So..first I'll say while yesterday morning starting off pretty rough and nothing was getting accomplished on my list, by the end of the day I did complete everything but the first two things, which HAVE to be worked on today now. As a matter of fact, Eric is not flying today, so he's home all day. I'm probably going to take advantage of this opportunity to get out of the house and go up to the library to work on my paper today. If I try to stay here and lock myself in the computer room, I just have the hardest time NOT opening up one of my programs to do a littel design, or searching a few blogs, etc...and then I realize hours have passed. OR, I hear Ky make the slightest sound and have to run it to see what's going on (even though Daddy has it all under control). I also just cannot resist stopping to kiss and hug on that little girl all throughout the day! haha So..while Alyssa is at school, I may try to get out and work on that paper.

OK..so now onto what all happened yesterday afternoon. I didn't end up getting to take a nap, as I realized I only had about an hour before I needed to get ready to leave and pick up Alyssa and I still hadn't eaten all day! So grabbed some lunch and got a few things crossed of the list. Kyleigh woke up from her nap just before 2ish, and played at my feet while I got ready to go. We picked up Alyssa at 2:30 and headed to the Dr. appt. Eric called me when I was on my way to get Alyssa and said he was done for the day so would meet me at the hospital to take Kyleigh. So...Dr. appt took FOREVER, but then Alyssa and I had some one-on-one girl time and boy did we have a good time, and spend quite a bit of $! lol

We hit the university first and ordered my announcements and picked up my cap and gown. Boy those Master's gowns with the hoods are weird, but hey I've worked my tail off to get this darn degree, and I've EARNED the right to where that weirdo gown! lol I AM walking that stage gosh darn it, even if it did cost me $54 for the getup! (UGH!). So..we picked up a couple other things at the bookstore: a puzzle for Alyssa and she picked out something to make a gift for Daddy. We were starving already by this point so we stopped in the university center and grabbed some Chick-Fil-A (called Eric to tell him to go ahead and eat without us as this would be dinner for us). We quick ran over to visit with one of my professors I don't have this semester and then were off for the real shopping spree!

We hit Walmart first to pick up goodies for the party. We ended up getting a whole cart full of goodies to make the goodie bags for the kids coming. I think I've mentioned that Alyssa's having a beach party, so we got each kid a frisbee, sand/digging tools, a watergun, and bubbles. We picked up a few extra little things for Alyssa too, like a jump rope and some extra beach toys. Snagged the new Stuart Little 3 DVD (we collect lots of kid's DVDs, and Alyssa always loved the Stuart Little movies), some thank you cards for Alyssa after the party, the birthday cards we needed to pick up, and ohh this like 4 ft blowup birthday cake! lol We thought that would be funny sitting on the beach Saturday! hehe Also walked through the clothing real quick before heading out hopping I could find some shorts or comfy capri pants to replace the ones I love that are about to literaly fall apart (I wish I could remember where I got these to try and get another pair like them! They are the most comfy pants). Anway...I didn't find anything, but I did pick up a cute pair of jammies for me. So I think we spent a good $100, which wasn't bad for the cart full of crap we had, and then we headed out for Party City to try and find some leis for the kids to where.

Party city...we picked up 2 leis for each kiddo and some big goodie bags to put all this stuff in. Only spent like $15 total there! We even got a special lei for Alyssa as the birthday girl.

Then we were off to another Walmart because we bought out all the frisbees in the first one, but we still needed 1 more. Well...that ONE frisbee turned into matching jammies for Alyssa and Kyleigh, matching shirt and shorts for them, and this adorable jean jacket and skirt for Alyssa. Again I looked for shorts or capris - nothing. I did find this cute swimming suit and was excited I could actually find the size I would need, so I went and tried it on. OMG!!! NO WAY...left that in the dressing room...too depressing to even carry it back to the rack. :-( I so can't wait till school is done and I can concentrate on better eating again and start getting more excercise. I feel terrible that I live on the coast, 2 miles from the darn beach and I'm so huge and terrible looking in a swimsuit these days that I can't take my beach loving kiddo to the beach and actually get in the water with her. :-( oh. well..... so after we finished with another bill at Walmart (and this is the saddest part...I don't even know how much that receipt was!), we ran to the grocery store to order a cake (I just don't have time to make it this year) and grab some milk and we were finally on our way home 7 hours after I have left to pick her up today! (I was searching for some pics on walmart.com to show you some of our purchases...but I can't find any of them..maybe I'll take some pics and come back to add later).

So...spent a bit a money (not too bad considering all that we got) and we got home pretty late for a school night, but I spent some one-on-one time with my big girl, and we had fun while checking off things on the todo list.

So today... capstone is top of the list, but I have a few other things to work on later this afternoon.
  1. Work on Lit Review
  2. Draft Interview questions
  3. Make freebies for Saturday Crop
  4. Get snacks for Alyssa’s party
  5. Pick up Alyssa’s TAMUCC t-shirt
  6. Make goodie bags for Alyssa’s party
  7. Rent tables from MWR
And with that...I'm off to be productive.

OMG!! The doorbell just rang, and guess what it was!!! MY PHOTOSHOP CS2 FINALLY!!!!! Yay! I only ordered it excatly 1 month ago today! Took several followup calls to figure out what was going on, but yay, it's here now...and just about an hour ago another order of mine (more stuff for designing) came. Now I can get busy today on finishing up some of the things I've been holding off on!! ohhhhhhh how will I ever make myself do my capstone paper this weekend now...ugh...

1 Comments:

  • At 3/24/2006 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow! i'm exhausted just reading that post! lol
    so, when is graduation? must be soon! So excited for you!
    Alright, now i'm off to do all the things on my list :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home