Monday, March 27, 2006

Quickie Update on the weekend

Well it was a busy weekend and I can't spend much time blogging right now, so here's comes the short quickie version of the past several days.....

Friday: busy all night working on everything from capstone, to getting ready for Alyssa's party, to finishing up the freebies for Saturday nights chat. Ended up staying up all night as right about the time I was done and just about to head to bed about 4 or 5 am, I started chatting with my mom online. About 7ish she told me to go to bed, but by then I just knew it wouldn't be worth it since I'd have to get up in an hour to start getting ready for Alyssa's party.

Saturday: Alyssa's beach birthday party went well, the girls had a blast - I'll have to post some pictures later. The seagulls were terrible - the stole two whole pieces of pizza off the girls' plates and chips right out of the bag!!! After the party we all crashed and everyone fell asleep for a few hours. I actually slept about 4 hours till Eric and Alyssa woke me for dinner! After dinner, finished up the freebies for Saturday, zipped things up and sent them off to Sonya. About 10:30 I went to take just a 30 min nap to rest a bit (I was barely staying awake already) before the chat. I wanted to sit in on the chat and work some on my capstone. Welll..didn't set the alarm correctly and so I didn't wake till 7 am on Sunday!

Sunday: woke at 7 am, read some emails and such and then went back to bed at 7:45! lol I woke up about 10ish and took care of Kyleigh while Dh took Alyssa to Sunday school. After church we were going to head up to a picnic, but we got out of here late because it started when church ended, but when I called to tell them we were on our way, they told me not to bother not many of the people had shown up. Eric and I were already packed up and on the way with the girls into town, so we just went to lunch and then to the new HEB plus to check it out and grab a few needed things (like a can of formula!). (FYI:HEB plus is like a super walmart.) Anway...they had the cutest little girl dresses, and I'm always a sucka for cute little girl dresses, the both girls got yet another dress. We passed by some stuffed animals and I handed a little grey kitty to Kyleigh, just to see if she liked it (she loves Alyssa's special white kitty) and she got the biggest grin and actually hugged it!!! I've never seen her hug a stuffed animal..so of course Eric and I both awwweed and then we just had to buy it! lol Grabbed a couple of magazines too: the April CK issue (Lisa - AKA Mommy4him, mentioned this was a fabulous issue, so I was inspired to check it out.) Also heard a few comments about the new design secrets by scrapbooks etc., so I had to grab that one too. Came home and posted some pics of Alyssa's party for my family, then curled up with the mags for a bit to rest while everyone else napped. After dinner I tooled around chatting on hello for a while and then did my inventory. Then as Eric went to bed I chatted some more on hello while I worked on the schedule C (business portion) of my taxes. Almost done with it, but today will be all about capstone.

So...I've got 3 hours now till I have to pick up the girls and head to gymnastics. Gonna grab some lunch and then write and write and write for the capstone. My COMPLETE rough draft is due in just over 2 weeks!!! YIKES! I better get crackin'! Presentations are May 1, 2, and 3 and graduation the 13th. :-)

**OK, so it wasn't a REAL Quickie quickie, but hey it could have been much longer! lol**

Later gators!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home