Saturday, April 29, 2006

Another post to pass some time...

that's how I feel all of my posts have been lately. I'm soooo sorry! I figured by now there was practically no one even visiting my blog any more so when I went today to see what the stats were on the top blogs list - I was really surprised to see there had been 47 hits! YIKES! SORRRRY! I KNOW it's no 150 or 300 hits a day like the popular bloggers, but I'm thrilled to have my little group of 50, and I'm sorry to be letting everyone down right now with the posts that are short and boring and just here to let you know I am still alive! :-)

Sarah's Scraps on the other hand really has taken a nose dive since I haven't created anything new in a few weeks - it went from being almost in the top 100 to down to like 194 or something when I looked the other day. I don't check the ranking on the site or the blog very often, and it's not a competitive thing..but it lets me know the stats on the visits.

I've been a bit down about designing recently too - I really don't feel like much of a "legit" designer right now since I don't sell anywhere, and I've been trying to remidy that problem, but I was kinda holding out for a particular store. I'm coming to terms with the fact that I may just not be good enough for that, and now that I've spent so much time and effort and waiting on one place, other possibilities have probably passed by. Plus now that I haven't done much in the last couple of weeks I'll probably have to start all over again. *sigh...* Aunt Flow must be coming to visit soon - I sure can get into some real lows at that time of the month.

On the other hand...the photography is going pretty well. I ordered a light meter sometime last week and it finally arrived yesterday. MAN I love that thing! I can't wait to use it for a "shoot." Speaking of...did I mention that my friend called me on Monday asking if I'd be willing/interested in taking her daughter's senior pics? WOW! OF COURSE (no worry I still have a bajillion other things to do! lol this is AN OPPORTUNITY!). :-) So we're scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. I'm so excited - I can't wait! This girl used to babysit for us (Alyssa absolutely adores her) and she is such a pretty girl - she will be absoultely wonderful to photograph.

Lets see...other news? (yes, I am procastinating on the paper - why does this happen to me in the last days???) Eric has another (his 3rd) interview with Caterpillar next week. We've been told that 90% of the people invited to this interview are given an offer, so that's exciting and sadening. Exciting because he really needs a job - we're down to a month till he's out of the Navy, and sad because the job is in Illinois. Some of you may know my brother is going to Iraq (he's about 6 years younger than me), and left for readiness training already. We can't see him at all while he's in training (which is here in the country for 6 months!). When he's done they will let him have leave to come home for about 2 weeks and then he's off to Iraq this summer for a year! My mom's not handling this really well - as I suspect many mother's don't. My mom really loves both of us tons, but Bill is her baby, and it's never easy to send any of your children into harms way. I'm obviously not thrilled about it either, but I have been able to stay focused on more positive aspects of it (I know..what's positive about it? Well, I mean I try not to think of the bad things - I think of how many people go and come back completely unharmed, and the job he's doing is safer than others...etc...). I've had a little more practice with not thinking of the bad things :-) If I thought of all the things that could go wrong every day Eric flys (and he did actually crash back in Jan!!!), or when he's on deployments...I couldn't get a thing done ever! You JUST CAN'T do that. I've never had to say good bye though to him for something like WAR! And this IS my little brother (and my only sibling). :-( I understand and support why we're there, but man it can be hard. So anyway...I've digressed from where I was trying to go - my point was this possible job in Illinois is bad because with my brother gone the next year and a half, for me to leave with my girls right now would be double difficult for my mom. :-(

On a positive note though...Eric did get a call from a company in Houston and they want to set up an interview with him for sometime between the 8th and 10th - so MAYBE there is still a chance for us to stay in TX yet. We'll see we'll see.

OMG..I HAVE to tell you all what I was looking at online the other day (because this is something I REALLY need right now as I discuss how I can't wait to be done with school soon. lol) ... PhD Programs!!!! UGH!!! Am I crazy or what? lol I've long been saying I won't do it until after all of my children are school age (it's been tough this last year with Ky at home), but..... lol I don't know...another only time will tell. :-)

OK..I think I've put off my paper long enough..I so better go do some writing. :-)

Just so you all know...I have a list of what I still owe my faithful blog friends, and will get back into the grind soon (I will be completely done come the 9th):
  • April freebie
  • 4th/final part of Denim kits
  • Mini Tut on Masking...

Well with that, thanks for the continued wishes of luck and support, I'm outta here and back to the paper. :-)

4 Comments:

  • At 4/30/2006 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm faithful! You've got fans!

    mcmartian

     
  • At 4/30/2006 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I check in everyday! So glad to see a new post :) I'm crossing my fingers for Eric to get the Houston job.

     
  • At 5/01/2006 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hang in there...hope he gets the job!!!! good luck.

     
  • At 5/01/2006 11:49 AM, Blogger TheCatLord said…

    lol
    i am falling asleep reading this! and you know why! lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home