Saturday, March 11, 2006

You all are awesome!!

Thank you all for the sweet sweet comments you have left, and for visiting the blog! It's nice to know I have a few "friends" out there that don't think I'm too boring. hahaha I have so many fun fun plans for this month..ok, I suppose by fun, I really mean free free free things. hehe I hope I can actually finish all the things I want to post and give you all. I think I said the other day something about posting a tentative release schedule and I never did it..I'll just put it here in a post later that I can update and link to from the sarah's scraps page. So anyway...got sidetracked there..... OK..so I was responding to the comments and such. I sadly can't email you all in response to your comments, but I thank you from the bottom of my big ole heart for your kind words and words of encouragement. I was chatting with Kim Christensen the other day (I love her! she lets me bug her at all hours of the day and never yells at me...I'm really going to write up a special little think about her here one of these days...and Ashley Olson too..they are both so nice and helpful to me...they just don't know how much I love them! hehe). So, I was talking to Kim and said, man..I will be absolutely thrilled if just 50 people even visit my blog when I post this first denim freebie! GUESS WHAT! I think it was about 70+ of you that visited! OMG...talk about making my day! You all are so fabulous! :-) Ode to all of you too!

Ok..so another thing that really perked me up/boosted the ole confidence level yesterday....
I was really hemming and hawing about applying for a job opening... Dh is getting out of the Navy in a couple of months, and I'm really nervous about him being able to start off with a new job making enough pay to maintain our current life style. I'm not asking to be overly wealthy, but I'd like to remain comfortable, live a similar life style to now, and be able to continue staying home with my girls and persue a few personal business ventures. BUT... the reality is that he may need to take a bit of a cut for a while, or it may take longer to find the "right" job. So..I found a job opening that is AWESOME for me, and fits my masters degree (I'm getting my MPA in May) practically to a Tee! I really don't want to work, but man is this a GREAT job. I was unsure whether to apply because I knew it would be time consuming and I didn't want to spend all that time doing it if I wouldn't be qualified or accept the job if it were offered! ha But.. I did do the application and my resume (haven't done one of those in like 7 years!) and it took me a total of about 7 hours for all of it, but when I was done with it, I was a huge confidence boost! I couldn't believe all the experience I actually had to qualify for it and all the things I've actually done in the past 10 years! So...dh said, "if you get offered that job, you better take it. " hahaha I kinda feel the same way now... I'll see... I may not even get asked to interview, and dh is gone this weekend to do some interviews Monday and Tuesday, so we'll see how things go for him too.

Speaking of dh... He and the girls left this morning about 6:30 am. I got the BEST sleep too. I went to bed about 3 after posting the crop freebie sneak peek, and I didn't set any alarms. They got up this morning and got ready to go, came in and woke me to say good bye. I really do miss them already (but the quiet is sooo nice too). I didn't wake again until 1:45!!!! OMG... my body probably needed to sleep so badly. I need to find some food now though! lol

Well..I've got some elements to make for tonight, maybe some work on the denim dude, some work on my bluebonnet kit, and several other nondesign/nonscrapping to do...so I better get going..the day is already half through! lol

Thanks again everyone..have a fabulous Saturday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home