Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Frustration

Oh man..I'm so frustrated...I had an appointment with my professor at 8 PM to review my questions for my data collection. I drove all the way to campus and he wasn't there! UGH...25 min there 25 min back, plus time wasted there...total of almost 1 1/2 hrs waisted..not to mention the time to get stuff packed up and ready to go. errrr Now I don't have any feedback or an approved survey/interview instrument to start collecting data over spring break. I don't know what I'm supposed to do...if I wait, I will only have like 3 weeks left to collect the data and write up the findings and analaysis. hmmm

I've got this to do list that I've been working out throughout this week...and darn it I still can't cross anything off! Not ONE thing is entirely complete. It's really starting to depress me and frustrate me. :-( I hate when I feel like I'm making no progress.

Today has been tough..I've been so distracted and unable to write - a totally unproductive day in terms of school...and then I've been down (probably that time of the month coming - tends to do this to me) and doubting myself and this right-sided brain activity of mine...like I'm not sure if I'm really making much progress with my hope to be a real designer and make money at this... :-( Then I begin to doubt my ability with anything creative... even my ability to really be good enough at the photography stuff to every make money at that. I'm beginning to think I'm being unrealistic and should just go apply for some jobs that field that my masters degree will qualify me for. I really want to be able to stay home though - don't want Ky to go to daycare, and I really do want to try to have a 3rd kid, but I just don't know if I really have what it takes to make any money in design and/or the photography.

So, I'm trying to remind myself that this is just a down day and it will pass like all other times...but I do need to be realistic too. Now is the time for me to be job searching if I'm going to do it. hmmmm

Well...on an upbeat note....I put together a tentative release date for this month and next of some designs (not quiting on the design yet - I can always just use them for myself) I'm working on. Remember this is TENTATIVE - so I could release at different times from the calendar..but for now it gives me a plan and some direction. If you're interested (who am I really talking to? I think just myself...is that right or left brained activity?), I'll be posting the release calendar shortly to the sarah's scraps website.

OK...off to edit a newsletter, so maybe I can cross of something on my list today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home