Monday, March 13, 2006

It's a ZOO out there

Oh man..So now I remember WHY when spring break comes, we stock up on things and "hide" in our house all week or leave town. Living on the coast is a zoo at spring break! lol I decided I needed to get out of my house and leave the computer for a bit today (yes..I can LEAVE the computer....haha). So, I figured I run into town and grab a few things to feed me for the next few days (it's hard to cook for just me). It's a bit of a production to go anywhere since I live on a island - it takes some planning when you go into town. The grocery store isn't too bad, but if I want to go shopping...well, I plan that out to hit several places in the same day and we make our "plan of attack" for the most efficient way to hit everything in a few hours. haha Anyway... I walked out the door...no kids, no extra bags, just me and my little purse. I felt so naked and like I was totally forgetting something! ha The traffic off the island wasn't too bad, but when I got to the grocery store..MAN what a zoo! Everyone was wondering around in shorts with wet butts from their wet suits underneith (am I the only person that absolutely cannot stand to wear a wet suit and then put clothes on top of it to only get wet pants???) . They're all buying hamburgers, beer and toiletrees...and wondering around in confusion blocking up everything. ugh. :-) I was standing there looking at the deoderant (oh come on..you were it too!) trying to find mine as I'm getting low..this ladie and guy walk up in FRONT OF ME and just stand there talking to each other about which one they should get. HELLO!!!! I was standing RIGHT here too! ugh.. AND even weirder..they're looking at women's deoderant, but she's asking HIM which one HE wants????? huhh??? haha Anyway...I finally get outta there and and fight the lovely traffic back across the causeway and decide I'll stop at Sonic and grab a drink and something to eat for dinner since it's alrealdy kinda late. Man that place was packed too! DUH SONIC at SPRING BREAK, Sarah!!!! haha I'm driving home and this DORK pulls right out onto the main road in front of me (never stops at the stop sign). The speed limit is 55. I was probably going about 45 since I had only gotten on the road about 2 entrances before him and a light was coming up. BUT still, I had to BREAK for him. Then he never gets up over 35! GEESH.... I hate when people drive less than 45 on that road and especially after they've haulled booty to cut me off and get in front of me! UGH...so I was so happy to finally turn into my neighborhood again and be back in my peace and quiet. I'm not leaving the house again probably till Spring Break is over! ha

I can't believe I've totally done no work for two full days now. I mean..I've done design work, but no school work or any of the other projects and my to do list that I was supposed to be doing while dh and the girls are gone. I've got two days left now, so I'm going to bed early tonight and getting serious tomorrow. NO more playing for a few days. I realized today.. I have ONE MONTH to have my completed draft of my capstone - would you believe I haven't even finished that literature review still? I know! I'm sooo behind. I don't even have half of this paper written. I will never graduate if I don't kick myself in the butt.

Anyone else out there an Xfiles fan? I love Xfiles (and David Dacovney is pretty nice too! hehe) Before Ky was born, her bedroom was my craft room (oh was that nice - now I have a CABINET! But dh made the cabinet and it is very nice.)

my cabinet before I filled it up and then.... after filling it up...these are pictures from the last time I actually sat and worked on paper pages...(June 2005) I totally need to do some more paper pages when I finish school. I do still sit there though and work on paper card and stamping. I still prefer to do my cards on paper - I love my stamps! :-)



Anyway...I used to work in my craft room at night on my paper layouts and stamping projects and watch a few episodes of the xfiles on TNT. Well they stopped showing them every night and they got later and later...and well I moved to the computer room because I lost my craft room and started scrapping on the computer now. I don't work very fast while I watch tv (it's hard to follow all the details in the xfiles shows if you're not LOOKING at it), and it's a little hard to scrap and watch tv on my computer monitor at the same time. My little TV is still in Ky's room since when I was nursing I would sit in there and watch some xfiles when I was up late with her. Anway..I kept digressing...My brother and dh both bought me a season of the xfiles on DVD this past Christmas. I FINALLY started watching them, starting with the pilot last night while I ate dinner. I haven't seen any episodes in so long, and I've barely even turned on a TV in weeks - it was such a treat to sit back, eat dinner and just relax. I curled up in bed late last night and watched another two episodes and finally another with dinner tonight. And guess what I'm going to do tonight??? lol fun fun fun Only one episode tonight though.

hmmmmmm This is getting long huh? Well, I did a bit of blog browsing today (as usual) and came across this silly muppet personality test on Gina's blog and then several others.......so finally I got on the bandwagon and tried it out. I'm a Kermit! :-) Pretty interesting.
You Are Kermit

Hi, ho! Lovable and friendly, you get along well with everyone you know.
You're a big thinker, and sometimes you over think life's problems.
Don't worry - everyone know's it's not easy being green.
Just remember, time's fun when you're having flies!

So, I don't know if I get along well with EVERYONE I know..but I've gotten much better at this since I've gotten older (maturity I guess haha). My mom though..DAMN EVERYONE always liked my mom....drove me crazy when I was in middle school! lol It's actually very cool though to have such a great mom who is also a great friend. :-) They big thinker thing though...OMG...If I had a dime for everytime someone told me to stop over thinking things! lol

Well...I think it's time for Xfiles and bed so I can get up early tomorrow and be serious! :-) hehe Later...

4 Comments:

  • At 3/13/2006 3:19 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    You must live near Padre! My uncle lives on the island and does the same. He goes out in the mornings when all the college kids are sleeping it off! I hope the rest of spring break is uneventful for you.

     
  • At 3/14/2006 7:21 AM, Blogger Fantacy so Sweet-n-Stuff... said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3/14/2006 7:22 AM, Blogger Fantacy so Sweet-n-Stuff... said…

    sarah! I am a kermit too!!! (which really surprised me...lol not sure why it surprised me, b/c I have never actually really thought through which muppet I am most like...lol...)....i added this to my blog too....lol.
    Sorry I reposted b/c I meant to tell you that this hillbillysweetpea...lol

     
  • At 3/16/2006 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm a Dr. Bunsen Honeydew. I don't even know who that is!

    Anita L.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home