Monday, December 11, 2006

Been doin' some scrappin'

Well the last few days I was trying to make up on some scrapbooking and other stuff I need to finish before we leave for Christmas. Almost have my Christmas card ready, but then today I had a new thought for it, so gotta take some more pictures tomorrow morning before I can finish it.

My latest scraps:
both of these 2 pg spreads were made using the new Layout Blueprints sketch book by Amy Elkins. What a great book! It has 55 2 page sketches, and then a few samples by scrappers of each for great inspiration. Even though all these sketches are 2 pagers, you could easily make many of them into single pages also. Check it out if you like sketches.

Snow Play

Credits: sketch desgin from Layout Blueprints on page 23, by Amy Elkins; papers, alpha, and elements from Winter Dreams: Calm by Me and Amy Cheeseman available at Digiscrapshak; date stamp by Sherri Tierney available at digiscrapshak
font: century gothic

Halloween

Credits: sketch from Layout Blueprints by Amy Elkins; Gina Cabrera "Digitally Sparked vol 2 Spooky" (alpha, ricrac); Meredith Fenwick "Everyday Inspiration Perfect Time of Day (gold paper); "Everyday Inspiration Cowboy Baby" (black paper); "Everyday Inspiration Elements" (brads); fonts: CheltPress Trial, CK Flourish


Peek a boo... little Miss Kyleigh was so funny today. She was playing in the blinds in the kitchen, playing peek a boo, as if I couldn't actually see her behind ONE blind. haha She was just so cute I had to grab the camera and snap a few shots.




Christmas Decorations
In reading Sondie's blog today, I was inspired to take a few photos of our Christmas decorations. We set up the tree and decorated back during Thanksgiving weekend, but I hadn't yet taken any pictures. I liked Sondie's idea of capturing some shots of some of our favorite ornaments, so grabbed my camera again and captured a few here:

Here's our tree (these are all straight out of the camera..haven't edited...so a bit dark on some of these).


I love glass ornaments and have collected a few here and there over the years.





Alyssa's first Christmas ornament from Hallmark


Kyleigh's first Christmas ornament - this one is an Aggie one :)



A number of years ago we went up to my aunts' beach house for Thanksgiving. While there we got a few really cute beach/shell ornaments. I've always enjoyed these as a reminder of that trip, but they have even more special meaning now that we've moved away from the beach ourselves..they're a nice reminder of warmer weather when it's freezing outside. hehe





This is Alyssa's favorite ornament. She got this when we went to NYC a couple summers ago. She absolutely loved NYC and the Statue of Liberty, so this reminds her of all our adventures there.




And finally, I can't remember where we got this one, but I just think it's a really pretty cross ornament that we put up every year.




Oh, and we got some PINK Poinsetta's this year. Aren't they pretty?


Shopping
Yesterday I took the girls shopping for Christmas presents for Eric and we were gone ALL day. One of the things we picked up while we were out were santa hats for all of us. I know we have one somewhere around here, but I don't know where it is and I wanted to get 4 so we could all wear one for a pic sometime. Today though I tried to get a few of each of the girls' with their hats on. Ky was so not in the mood for my plan though and kept taking the hat off and throwing it and running off - no sitting by the tree for mommy this evening. I finally just gave her the hat to see if I could get her to put it on and I just held down the button on the camera to take picture after picture hoping at least a few would come out. I actually ended up with a few pretty cute ones. I can't wait to scrap these now :)









Well I'm not feeling so great today, so I think I may head up to bed early tonight. I went to bed late last night and got up early today, so I need to make up for that and with not feeling well, I need some extra rest. Eric has been working on my new computer and it should be ready for him to set it up tomorrow! yay!!!! I can't wait. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 12/12/2006 10:33 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    Cute pictures Sarah! Ky is such a ham!!! Love the blind photos the best! She's so sneaky, hiding there! Great layouts too, glad you got some scrappin' time in. I'm off to add a few ornament pics to my blog now!

     
  • At 1/13/2007 2:32 AM, Blogger Fantacy so Sweet-n-Stuff... said…

    awww sarah she is such a doll! i can't believe how big she has gotten (i was only gone for a couple months! not a year!!!)...i LOVE the snowflakes...you will see them soon (um and yeah i will remember to credit...if not, just hit me upside the head with a scrumdiddlyumtious bar and remind me :D)....hugs girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home