Friday, November 24, 2006

How was your Turkey Day?

{Thanksgiving Recap}
Well I thought our Thanksgiving would be so lonely with just the four of us, but it turned out quite nice. It was themost relaxing and laid back Thanksgiving dinner I've made, and Alyssa really enjoyed helping make all the different items, setting the table, and getting to be part of the "big people" table with China and all. :) Alyssa even tried several new foods this year and LIKED them which just made the whole dinner sooo enjoyable. Kyleigh tooootally had a blast with dinner. I haven't seen the kid eat that much food in a long time. Her favorites were definately the mashed potates, corn on the cob, and the fruit pudding. She tried everything on her plate as well, and ate almost every bit of it.














Today my mom forwarded an email to me from my brother. Here I've been so selfish complaining that we'll be so lonely to have no family with us for Thanksgiving, and he's over there in Iraq ALL ALONE for the holiday. :( Made me cry to think of how lonely he must of felt and how selfish I've been. He did get his box the other day that we sent him last week though and it had a little Christmas tree with all the trimmings for him. Mom said he really loved it and has already put it up. I hope that when he looks at it, it reminds him of our love and that we are there with him in spirit this Christmas.

{Ok so on to some fun digiscrappin stuff... }

Everything in my DSS store should be 33% off this weekend (I'm not sure when Lori has it set to go on..later Friday or Saturday), but it will include everything in my store for this weekend in honor of Eric's (my dh) 33rd birthday. :)

Also...remember the Flavors of Summer Collection (at SBB under Raechel Knight) I did with Raechel and Lisa W? Well, it's on sale today too for 30% off, AND we dropped the regular price to $20, so for today you can get it for only $14 - all SIX kits! PLUS, if you buy the collection this weekend, you can get the 12 page mini album we've made to go with it (regularly $6.00, on sale for 30% off today) FREE!





And...Don't forget my Christmas Doodles are on sale today in my DSS store, and you can pick them up today for only $1.35.



As a gift to you, to go with the Christmas doodles, you can download these color-ins to go with them here FREE. All you do is put this png color layer under the doodle and in a snap you have a colored doodle. I hope you'll leave me some love if you take. (Sorry this blog freebie has expired.)



And so with that..I'm going to head off. I need to do some shopping myself now and catch some deals while I can. hehe

5 Comments:

  • At 11/24/2006 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the coloring I was wondering how to fill them in. Glad you had a great Holiday. Was good to have your mom and dad here for Thanskgiving. Hope she had a good time. Deb

     
  • At 11/24/2006 2:39 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and its so nice to do a reality check and realize that even a bad Thanksgiving with family could be much better than one without family in Iraq. God Bless and keep your brother safe. Thanks so much for the doodles! :D

     
  • At 11/24/2006 3:15 PM, Blogger katg1006 said…

    Sarah, Thank you so much! These are really cute! Your Thanksgiving looked nice. I will be thinking of your brother...and wishing him well!

     
  • At 11/25/2006 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cute christmas doodles - thanks

     
  • At 11/27/2006 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks so much for these nice christmas doodles!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home