Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Still unpacking...

Yes, even a week after we closed on our house, and a week tomorrow since our stuff from storage was delivered, we're STILL unpacking and it's going soooo slowly. There is not yet ONE room totally complete. We do have pretty much all rooms except our bedroom "set up" furniture wise and so we're working our way through unpackign the boxes now. Monday I took Alyssa to buy all her new bedding while itwas on sale for 30% off! We still spent more than we should have, but what a deal! lol We still have to hang her curtains and finish unpacking and decorating, plus she needs a new bed (she's moved from a twin size in TX to a full size here), but she loves the bedding.

(picture of Aly's new bedding finally)

We actually moved out of the apartment and here to the house over the weekend. We slept our first night in the house on Saturday night, and can I say..I have sooo missed MY BED! Eric and I bought Alyssa's full size mattresses here and have been using them for us while we waited for our things. It's such a firm bed, and I'm so used to my bed with the pillow top. I've finally awoken in the morning the last couple of nights without a sore back again and able to move! lol

I really like this house a lot and love the size of it, but there are some little things I wish could be different. We have little storage in this house and we were so spolied with all the built in storage in the previous house. The master bath here is a little dissapointing too...we only have on sink, and there's no DOOR on the shower. We have to either use a shower curtain or buy our own shower door for $300! YIKES! The builder didn't include towel racks and toilet paper holders either. WEIRD, so we had to go spend another couple hundred $ getting all that crap. Eric attempted to put the mailbox up today and broke his posthole digger! So we still have no mailbox and he's rethinking his putting up the fence. OH and he aslo went to buy our blinds today, and Lowes won't cut but one of the brands and that's the one that will cost us almost $1,000 to do the whole house!!! Ugh!

In other news...
I've been so busy lately... I can't believe how many deadlines for different things came due all at the same time and in the middle of this move to the house! I made myself a list last night of what to work on each day this week, hoping to balance out all these things and still finish everything on time. I worked hard all day at my list (even getting thrown off for about an hour having to clean the van cuz Alyssa threw up all over the back when we went to turn in the apartment keys this afternoon.). I still haven't crossed off everything on this list, and I'm so tired now a few things are just going to have to push to another day, which doesn't quite keep my balance. :-(

Oh speaking of Alyssa, she rode the school bus for the first time today. She was sooo excited and I didn't get any pictures! I'll have to try to get some one morning when I'm not passed out from staying up all night! lol Thankfully Eric gets Alyssa ready for school in the morning - it's his only time with her on days he works (which seems to be 6 days a week these days).

Ok...i'm sure there is plenty more I could update on, but I'm so tired and can barely stay awake. I just had to make a real posting though since all I've done is put up ads and such lately.

here's a few shots of the house in progress yesterday...
(blogger and hello still not cooperating..will have to post pictures later)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home